Light-O-Rama Forums

Working with sequences/ shows/ music

Guest guest

Dan,

I forgot to include the fact that after I inserted the CD into the show laptop, I transferred all of the sequence files to the LOR, "sequence" folder on the show machine and transferred all of the audio files to the LOR "audio" folder.

It is when I try to access the show machine's sequences that the error message occurs.

Charles

Charles,

When you move sequences between machines the path to the audio file must be the same on each machine.

Also a file on a CD is read only and when copied to the hard disk may retain read only status, right click on the file, select properties and remove the read only property.

Doug C

Charles,

As Doug mentioned the files usually get a read-only attribute when burned to CD and you have to clear that setting. You may also need to reset the path.. So here is what you do.

With Windows Explorer, go to the Light-O-Rama/Audio folder and right click on the MP3 files... Select "Properties" from the menu that pops up... In the Properties menu make sure that the read-only attribute is not set....

Once you have cleared the read-only attribute try to play the sequences in the Sequence Editor. If you you get any error with the Audio File you should "re-point" the sequence to the correct MP3 file. To do this: With the sequence file open in the Sequence Editor, click the "Edit" button... Then select "Audio File"... Then select the correct MP3 file for that sequence from the Audio Folder.

Tim, Doug and Dan,

I would like to thank all three of you gentlemen for the great advice. I did as suggested and everything works fine now. There will be a "rehearsal" tonight afterall and two months of work hopefully will not go down the drain.

You guys are great.

I will post a video in a week or so. This is my first year to do this and I dove off the deep end with 35,000 lights across 80 channels of LOR, FM100B kit for transmition of audio and over a mile of cable. I even had to install a sub-box next to my main breaker panel.

What a long couple of months!

Charles