Light-O-Rama Forums

Working with sequences/ shows/ music

Guest guest

Hey everyone need some input here. I’m trying to figure this one out. You put a musical sequence together in say the tap wizard. Save it, then go to show editor, go to musical and ad it in there, I got that part. And I know how to play it. My problem is this. When the show is done, the lights all go off, of course, I’m trying to find out “How” you don’t have them turn off. EX. Play a show, don’t loop or repeat the show. At the end of the show all lights go out, and they won’t go on again till I start the next show. To me at that point it looks like i have blown a breaker. So what I‘m try to do is figure out how to run a sequence in the show, after the song ends lights going out and lets say after 3 seconds of no lights, all lights come back on without another sequence starting and then the lights would turn off again a couple of seconds before the start of the next show. I’m also wondering how I can play a song with out having to have a sequence made other then having to go through the whole sequence editor and the tap wizard. Getting to the point, I’m trying to have “lights on” no frills and music playing at the same time, in-between my shows. Then moments before my next show starts, lights go out and let the show begin!

Can I get a little love!

PS, everyone I’m so proud of my lights this year I’m goanna burst! This is my first time ever with the lor and loving it! Could only get one box this year, but I’m already thinking and laying out plains for 2 more boxes next year. So that being said here are some photos of my house this year. Oh I forgot the guys name but he put a video up on how to build a radio sign, nicely done man. Because of him look and see what I did, and all by my self! And that’s a feet for me, Mr. All thumbs man.

Thanks all,

Ralph

Attached files 301=69-20051223_0002.JPG

One thing you could do is put an animation sequence in the "Musical Section" after the song is done. That animation sequence could just have the lights on as you described or it could do a little bit of animation

You are doing similar to what I do. Here is one way to handle it.
build sequences for all the songs you are going to play. Animated and non animated.
on songs that will just play music, dont use the tapper, dont add any events, just import your channel configuration. and turn all lights on....or at least the ones you want on all the time.
Create another animation sequence called Fade that just does a fade down of all your lights and insert it before each animated song.

Hey Brian,

I am interested on what you posted, I am new with LOR and I have only used sequences. I have LOR 1602 model 2 units and created 30 minute sequences and let them loop all night long. How do I create something to music with not always flashing but maybe just lights on or not? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Question:

I built a musical sequence and finished it, then decided to fade the song rather than let the song run it's course, so I imported the song into Audacity (a music editor) and faded the end of the song.

I then opened a new file in LOR with the edited version of the song. I went to the original song and selected ALL, copy timing but when I open the edited song and tried to paste the timing, the button is grayed out.

Is there a way to do this?

Charles

With the current version of LOR you cannot copy/paste timing between sequences. You can go to your original sequence. Under the Edit menu ( Edit->Audio File) go to Audio File. You can change the audio file to be the new one with the fade at the end.

Dan,

Well, that is even easier. Thank you.

I have another question...

I have built musical sequences in another computer that I want to burn to a disk in order to transfer the sequences to my real show computer. Do I have to burn more than the sequence; that is, the backup files or anything else I may not know about?

I was testing a show out last Friday night at 11:30pm and a car drove by, stopped in the middle of the street, turned off the engine and got out. They never saw me because I was across the street, in my neighbors yard watching. Funny!

Charles

Ive burned Sequences to CD for transfering from one computer to the next, I didn't have to bring the backup LMS file with it, I just did the original file plus the MP3 and it worked fine. I am loving the display I have this year.. or atleast so far, the sequences have been great. I hope this helps!

Jeremy,

Do you have to burn the mp3's separate from the ".lms" sequence files? Does the music reside on the sequence files or are the ".lms: files only the LOR sequences? Does the program find the music files elsewhere?

Charles

What I did was burned the .LMS sequence file and the MP3 File on the same cd MP3 file is the song. Then I took all of the files on the cd and copied them onto the Hard Drive of the Actual Control Computer. Then I opened Each Sequence, Imported the Channel Configuration. I also went to Edit, Followed by Audio File and Reset the Path to where the audio file is located on this different machine. The only thing that goes with the sequence is the flashing,shimmer,fades,ect. that you set, not the music.

One trick when transfering to another machine.

Do you may need to "Re-point" the sequence to the MP3 file. Try to play it in the Sequence Editor. If you get an error with the audio file then go to Edit->Audio File and select the MP3 file on this new machine. It will be the same file as before but the path on the new machine may be slightly different...

I recommend that folks use the Light-O-Rama/Audio folder to keep their Audio Files. That way when it is time to transfer you can copy the Sequence Folder and the Audio Folder to the new machine.

Dan,

I looked in the Audio folder of LOR and it was empty. I had assumed that the program would copy the audio files to that folder and include it in the sequence data, but now I understand it does not, thus when I burned the sequences to the CD, the audio did not make the digital trip.

I will transfer my audio files to the LOR audio folder.

One last question scheduling question for the night...

If I want one 8 minute show to play each hour on the hour and the next show to play each hour at fifteen minutes after the hour, the third on the half hour and the fourth and final at fifteen minutes till the next hour then repeat for 4 hours...how do I schedule this?

Specifically, if the first show contains 4 songs and the total time is, say, 12 minutes do I schedule the first hour play to begin at 6:00:00PM and end at 6:12:01PM and the next show to begin at 6:15:00PM and end at 6:27:01PM and so on...

or do you do it differently? I have seen scheduling conflict messages from time to time but do not know why?

Charles

OPPS! Typo

I typed

"
If I want one 8 minute show to play each hour on the hour and the next show to play each hour at fifteen minutes after the hour, the third on the half hour and the fourth and final at fifteen minutes till the next hour then repeat for 4 hours...how do I schedule this?"

It should have read "one 12 minute" show.

Charles

The scheduling conflicts might be because you are trying to start shows on top of shows. If you want each show to play every 15 mintues for 4 hours I would just try to schedule it like this.. Even though there might be a break between some shows. Show 1-6:00 PM -6:15 PM Show 2 6:15-6:30 PM Show 3 6:30-6:45 and Show for 6:45-7:00 Then again SHow 1 7:00 PM-7:15 PM. ,ect. I sometimes have gotten the show error and im pretty positive its because you already have a show scheduled during the time you want to run the next one.

Jeremy,

The problem I am having is that I only want any one show to play ONCE only and as soon as it has finished, it repeats itself again. I haven't figured out how to do this because I have had my head in the programming for about a week and I am just now trying to take my sequences to the air.

3 minutes at 1/10th of a second for a Hamster's Christmas Dance. That would be 60 seconds x 10 x 3=1800 beats of blinking Christmas Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will figure it out.

Charles

All I simply do is create a show, Tell it to play at say 5 PM and then turn off at 10 PM and in the Musical Sequences part of the show editor i add which ever sequences I want to play throughout the night and then it goes on its own at 5 PM. If i had an animation sequence I could add it to the animation part or I could add it to startup and shutdown, but i dont.

Bill,

What I have done is created a bunch of 10 minute shows with steady on lights to play between my animated shows which are about 5minutes long. Here is how I set them up.

Fillers shows have about 4 song sequences created with no events or light assignments. I run a lights on sequence as a background sequence and a fade to black sequence as a shutdown sequence.

Animated shows are tapped out song sequences painstakingly created basically note by note. If they run less than five minutes, I fill the show in with one or two animation sequences a minute long in the music tab.

I schedule the shows like
5 to 510 filler1
510 to 515 song show 1
515 to 525 filler 2
525 to 530 song show 2.
etc.....

Dan,

Or anyone that knows the answer to this question.

I built all of my sequences on the home computer and placed the mp3 files in the LOR "audio" folder.

I then burned the sequences and the audio files to a CD.

When I insert the CD into my show laptop and try to bring up a sequence, I get an error message which states

"This file exists with Read Only attributes. Please use a different file name"

What am I doing wrong, or better yet, how do I do this correctly.

Charles