Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D DC Board

jevely

This year I'm switching from 120VAC floods to LEDs. The floods I has selected have all the 12vdc tied together and the individual colours (red ,green,blue) are switched on by sinking to the negative (switch on the negative side). I notice in the CMB16D documentation that it mentions the 12VDC positive on the outputs but it doesn't seem to mention where you can use the outputs are a sink to negative or negative side switch.

Jim Evely

The positive connections on each half the CMB-16D are all tied together, and fed from the fused inlet for each half of the board. The actual switching is done in the negative connection for the channel, in the return to ground path. So, if I am interpreting your question correctly, you should be fine.

If you post which floods you are using, we may be able to understand this a little better. For the most part, the LED floods I have used didn't matter which side was positive or negative, so as long as they were wired to the board correctly, it shouldnt be an issue.

Ponddude wrote:

If you post which floods you are using, we may be able to understand this a little better. For the most part, the LED floods I have used didn't matter which side was positive or negative, so as long as they were wired to the board correctly, it shouldnt be an issue.

The link to the LED floods is:

http://www.bigclive.com/flud.htm

With this board you supply a single +12VDC and switch each individual colour on the negative side.

Those are very interesting lights and not something I have seen yet. I actually like those a lot.

I am going to see what happens with the XMAS floods, but if they are priced too high, I may jump over to these lights and pick up another DC controller at the sale.

Please keep us posted on your progress and don't forget pics! If this works out with LOR that would be fantastic!!

Great find!!

It would be no trouble running them with my CTB16K boards, wire in a rely or SSR and I could have each primary colour either on or off. The reason I want to use the DC boards is for RGB colour mixing (e.g. red 25%, green 45%, Blue 80%) this would give you 1000s of colours to choose from.

I'll keep you posted on my progress...

-klb- wrote:

The positive connections on each half the CMB-16D are all tied together, and fed from the fused inlet for each half of the board. The actual switching is done in the negative connection for the channel, in the return to ground path. So, if I am interpreting your question correctly, you should be fine.

Thanks for the post, this was the information I was looking for. The next step is to purchase a dc board during the sale and see how everything works together.