Light-O-Rama Forums

idmx1000

Denny

Any idea when the idmx 1000 upgrade to 512 channels will be available? It's been a couple years now and am curious if it will be available before this holiday season.

Thats what I was asking for chistmas last year, never got it:(

I am not going to hold my breath this year

Dr. Jones wrote:

I think this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on their priority "to do" list.

Charles

Charles Belcher wrote:

Dr. Jones wrote:

Charles

and very high on mine. Forcing me to possibly abandon the LOR software for either Vixen or LSP. Both of which support a usb-DMX adapter (enttec)

Dr. Jones wrote:

Charles Belcher wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Charles

and very high on mine. Forcing me to possibly abandon the LOR software for either Vixen or LSP. Both of which support a usb-DMX adapter (enttec)
Dr. Jones,

I bought the Enttec DMX Pro last year and it has been laying around until about a month ago when I downloaded the MagicQ software. It has pixel mapping, image manipulation and is a pretty good soft console for moving lights with a visualization program as well. On dual monitors, it works pretty well.

With the twin Magic Q's DMX interface or their mini-wing, it can accept a DMX trigger.

My thought now is perhaps using LSP as the basic program to get the time line and the MagicQ/Enttec for control of the DMX equipment.

I dunno, every day it is a new thought.

Charles

• 2 months later...

Dr. or Z or anyone else who might know....

I am just beginning to lay out this year's channel assignments and haven't paid much attention to the evolution of the iDMX.

My question is this: Are we still locked into only 256 channels and 64 ichans in any given iDMX-1000 unit or has it changed?

Among all of the other display elements, I am laying a 25' x 10' LED tube grid on my upper and lower roofs. There will be 720 channels per roof for a total of 1440 channels for this portion of the display.

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Charles

Last I remember, the upgrade is not likely to change the number of ichans. I think more intelligent channels will require a beefier version of the iDMX with a more powerful processor...

• The topic was locked