Light-O-Rama Forums

Circuit 1 On solid not running programmed sequence Circuit 2 runs fine

Darius Upshaw

Darius Upshaw wrote:

Lots of great brain power ideas here..

I first want to say I'm sorry if I confused anyone with my using the names circuit and channel..

I only was trying to use what the board is labeled as Circuit 1 and Circuit 2 for the inputs, and then Channel since it is referred to as a 16 channel controller
again sorry for any confusion. 

I am using only 6 Channels Per Circuit, so that I could load each side almost similarly.

To clear up.. Channels 1-6(Circuit 1) are on solid, and Channels 10-15(Circuit 2) run their sequence.  (other channels were not used, and have no load, along with no commands in the sequence)

I did not pay any attention to, or even think to plug into 7 and 8 on Circuit 1 (I was frustrated it was late).    

My sequence does not have an off in it, only fades to lower intensities, and I do not have a minimum brightness configured, however I may add that to keep from having to redo all my fades.. 

Next trip I will put one strand per channel  (8 per circuit), plug into the same 2 different outlets that were used before,  and see if my problem still exists.

If not...

I will Amp each tree and see what the load per channel would be. Max 8A per tree, 20A per Circuit

I will also try to VoltMeter the circuits per klb's fry myself instruction ;) 

I will make sure to report my findings, and any others for future reference  :)

Again thank everyone so much for your help.

-Darius

Well that certainly is where my confusion came from. I had thought u meant just one channel, not an entire side of the controller. Lingo will also be the death of us.

Anyway, I would try what Max said. Have you contacted LOR Support?

Guest wbottomley

Try resetting the controller at the remote location. If that doesn't work, check to see if the power circuit has something on it that could be causing noise (CFL). In your sequences, change the intensity by 1% every few seconds. For example, 100% 1-3 seconds, 99% 4-6 seconds.

I will Amp each tree and see what the load per channel would be. Max 8A per tree, 20A per Circuit

Amped all trees.. max draw was right around 3A so that put around 18A on Circuit 1, and Circuit 2 was a little less at about 16A.. Not an issue..

I will also try to Volt Meter the circuits per klb's fry myself instruction :D

-klb- made me fry myself,

OK not really but his diagnosis was right on there was three phase spread around the property. There was a most definite voltage difference between my two GFIs (208V if anyone cares )

Again thank everyone so much for your help, and I actually enjoyed this learning experience.

-Darius

Glad we did not do this to your hair!!

Bad-Hair-Day.jpg

The good news is that you've identified the problem. The bad news is that now you have to figure out how to work around it. Either getting one of the circuits moved to the same phase as the other one, or maybe putting a second controller there, and only powering one controller per circuit... Unfortunately, neither one is free... Not sure what other creative ideas are out there...

Darius,

So, did you run an extention cord to another outlet, different breaker, same phase and get your controller to work as expected?

Or you only identified that there is 3 phase power, but have not yet tired the controller?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Thanks

Max

-klb-

HA! my hair only would have looked like that if i had some :)

Max-Paul wrote:

Darius,

So, did you run an extention cord to another outlet, different breaker, same phase and get your controller to work as expected?

Or you only identified that there is 3 phase power, but have not yet tired the controller?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Thanks

Max
The decision was made to go ahead and finish our takedown (this is an existing client, and we will have another shot to show the capabilities.)

These were the Final 12 trees that we had to take the lights off(out of around 150). I did survey the area for other outlets, but am not sure if that is the same area that we want to do the controller in mostly because there are some really long extension cord runs (3 of them are over 100ft). But one never knows what I will feel in September when its time to begin putting it all back up. Maybe splitting the groups of trees into 3 controllers and splitting the trees into quarters :)

I'm making some minitrees to demonstrate what we had planned for them..

Thanks for your interest, and your help

-Darius