Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to return LOR controllers

sasmuse

Hello,
I have to send two controllers back to LOR for repairs and was wondering what the most "cost-efficient" way to do that would be? Post Office or UPS? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sally

I would check out UPS or FEDEX ground. They give you up to $100 free insurance and then the rest does not cost as much. You do not have to pay extra for tracking and you will be comforted by the idea of knowing that your controllers are safely in the hands of LOR professionals.

USPS??? they can save you a dollar or so, but is it worth the heartache and headache of standing in line, then getting robbed for charges like insurance, tracking, delivery confirmation,....

Get something lost at the USPS, and you will be hesitant to use them ever again.

Dale W wrote:

I would check out UPS or FEDEX ground. They give you up to $100 free insurance and then the rest does not cost as much. You do not have to pay extra for tracking and you will be comforted by the idea of knowing that your controllers are safely in the hands of LOR professionals.

USPS??? they can save you a dollar or so, but is it worth the heartache and headache of standing in line, then getting robbed for charges like insurance, tracking, delivery confirmation,....

Get something lost at the USPS, and you will be hesitant to use them ever again.

Amazing how two peoples experiences can be so different. UPS, and Fedex tend to be a bit more costly to ship, in my experience atleast. Packages I get form ups look like they went through a war, and UPSP packages only have minor dirt marks. Priority mail is usually always a day faster than UPS ground. And if you print your packing label from usps.com you get free delivery conformation, and free carrier pickup. Print the label and your done... literally.

my two cents hehe, really any of the major three, UPS, Fedex, USPS all will get the job done.

Just dont use any oddball company out their.