Will this work with LOR?

thebaronn

Hey Eric

I seem to remember a thread from quite a while ago that someone had used one of these with LOR, but I don't remember if it was on this forum or over at Planet Christmas.

If I can find the post about it I will list it here.

Bill

I have purchased one of these, but haven't connected it to the iDMX1000 yet (my servos haven't arrived yet). However, I see no reason why it won't work (it better, since my plan is to use it with LOR!)

I am also seriously considering the VSA software at http://www.brookshiresoftware.com/vsa_overview.htm , but not being a programmer, I don't know if I can somehow interface this software with S2. Perhaps somebody out there can provide some insight into that. Maybe it can be interfaced using their console program http://www.brookshiresoftware.com/console_overview.htm

Dan said (2 weeks ago) that a high capacity servo board was coming out in 4-6 weeks. Maybe during the not so secret secret sale?

I dont know if I should wait or buy that one. I need to start sequencing the servo movements right away!

Eric

thebaronn wrote:

Dan said (2 weeks ago) that a high capacity servo board was coming out in 4-6 weeks. Maybe during the not so secret secret sale?

I dont know if I should wait or buy that one. I need to start sequencing the servo movements right away!

Eric

Problems always crop up when trying to get a new product to market; Dan had originally stated the new boards would be available around last August. I don't want to get behind the "power curve" again this year, so I decided to get the DMX board so I can at least get started experimenting and building the armatures for the figures. If the DIO board and servo boards do come out, I can always use them in the final configuration when I am ready to sequence. But since animatronics will be new to me this year, I need something that I can use to make sure everything moves freely and "functions as designed" so the DMX board should fill that requirement nicely.