Light-O-Rama Forums

MINI STROBER PROBLEMS IN DISARMING CHRISTMAS

barbosaa

rwertz wrote:

If I remember correctly there were several people on PlanetChristmas this year that thought they had bad strobes. But a lot of them ended up being a problem with the strobe not being able to be screwed into the C9 socket far enough. Some people sanded the top of the C9 socket down to resolve the issue.

It’s worth a try.

I had that same problem. The base of the strobe is just a little shorter than it should be.

garyfunk wrote:

redsea300 wrote:
I opened two more. They have jumpers going to different places. Opened 4 all different. I don't get it. I will open all 10 and post after. Ok I went and opened all 10 there are three different configure on the board

Electrically they are the same.

Agreed, and looking at it a bit longer, it looks like the card was designed to take two resistors in series, and that the jumpers just bypass one of the resistors locations, so as to use one combined resistor now.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

rwertz wrote:
If I remember correctly there were several people on PlanetChristmas this year that thought they had bad strobes. But a lot of them ended up being a problem with the strobe not being able to be screwed into the C9 socket far enough. Some people sanded the top of the C9 socket down to resolve the issue.

It’s worth a try.

I had that same problem. The base of the strobe is just a little shorter than it should be.

We are having the strobes modified to solve this problem. The problem usually comes from buying a c9 stinger locally and removing the c9 bulbs and using that stringer for you strobe lights. If you bought a stringer online they are usually better quality and there were no connection problems. Or the other thing that you could do in bend the metal tab on the inside wall of the socket out just a hair and that would help give a better connection.

The new modification will resolve this problem.