Light-O-Rama Forums

Is the media losing interest?

radioguy1007

gerald sundberg wrote:

Here in Duluth we had one tv station call and asked if we were cutting back this year because of the economy? We told them we had increased our display and had computerized it. End of interview, they were looking for a negative responsen

Wow, that sickens me...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin

• Richard Hamilton

• garyfunk

• friskybri

garyfunk wrote:

It really doesn't matter if the media loses interest. We (I) don't do it for them. I do it for me and my family. I do it because my kids look at it and say "Cool Dad, that's great." I do it because it's something I can build part of. I do it because, for me, it is fun and I like the way it looks.

AMEN! I understand that for all the work you put into an animated display, you want as many people to see it as possible. But hear me on this:

If you only have ONE son and he was the ONLY person who ever saw the display and it brought him joy, then it was ALL worth it!

• 7 months later...

I hadn't been back to this thread since signing off for summer, but it is interesting and entertaining to come back and read the comments. Gee, some folks sure are sensitive about this subject :D, but you know, I guess that is a good thing. They really take their displays seriously.

Some nice information in the previous posts. I like the comments form Jeff and Dan.

My focus is that I always like to give credit to the people that come up with good ideas first and get things moving along in an industry. Other folks then come along, do some similar things, and then improve on the ideas.

I bet few people can remember the "second" or "third" man to walk on the moon without looking it up, yet their contributions were just as important.

No Jeff, we know you too well. You not only would have been the first on the gtround... you would have been out there stringing lights on the lunar lander with LOR to be seen from earth !!! ;)

Heh, here's an update regarding the "media" in our town.

Right before Labor Day, the reporter that did our interview last December calls us up to get all of the details about this year's display. He then proceeded to talk us into faking doing some setup so their photographer could come by and get pics for an article that weekend.

It seems they needed some postitive filler articles for the Labor Day weekend edition.

Oh brother.