Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Status Lights

telecatprod

I have a DC-MP3 controlling 8 CTB16PC's. Single show on the SD card (created with the Hardware Utility) set to run fixed hours each night. All units and DC constantly powered.

The show ran reliably. No problems. But I noticed when the show was not running I had the following LEDs showing:

E (Red) is solid on
R (Amber) is steady blinking.

I understand the R blink is waiting for a show. That's good.

But I don't see any notes in the manual that match this behavior for E. It's not connected to the hardware utility, just the CTB16PC's it controlling. Does this indicate there was some kind of issue during the show?

I've seen the same behavior on two units. One is running the firmware it came with in August. The other has been updated with the current firmware (from the 12/12/08 release).

Thanks!

-Scott

As I understand from the user guide, this is the normal indication.

[align=left]"Steady ON if the Hardware Utility is attached to the DC-MP3 – no SD card may be inserted while communicating with the Hardware Utility."[/align]
While I'm on the subject, I have always gotten confused by the solid light vs blinking light philosophy of LOR. In most all equipment I have every used, a blinking status means it is working or communicating with something. In LOR it is sort of the opposite and I can seem to every remember that.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

As I understand from the user guide, this is the normal indication.

[align=left]"Steady ON if the Hardware Utility is attached to the DC-MP3 – no SD card may be inserted while communicating with the Hardware Utility."[/align]

In our cases, the Hardware utility is NOT connected; the system is completely standalone, controlled by the DC-MP3. Plus, the light is not always on. Starts off then turns on at some point during the week.