Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating Firmware Question

martymiller

Hey guys,

OK, so I'm working on updating my Firmware. The version of my controller says it's version 4.02. It seems as if there is now a version 4.30. I'd like to download that and update my controller. Only problem is when I hit the blue firmware button next to my board link (CTB16PC) it takes me to a new internet page with a bunch of hyroglyphics on it. Am I supposed to do something with this? I need to somehow download the file to a USB drive and then upload it to my desktop that I'm using to run my shows from.

Sorry for all of the questions, I appreciate your help in advance. Just think, by December 09, I'll be a pro at this. Well, at least not such a newb. Thanks again.

Blue firmware button?

You should be launching the hardware editor, refresh then select unit, click firmware button on bottom of page, Step 1 - choose selected unit listed above, Step 2 - Open, click on CTB16PC_4-30.lhx, Step 3 - download.

Are those the steps you are taking?

Marty,

To download the firmware from the LOR site, you will need to "Right Click -> Save As" to properly download the firmware. It sounds as if your browser is simply showing you the file, instead of prompting you to download it.

That's exactly what it's doing Don, just sending me to a page with all the code written on it. When I right click the button, I get two options with regards to Save: Save Target As or Save Picture As. Neither of them sound correct...