Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Scheduling Question

Davidt

As most of my display and controllers are already packed away I'm hoping that someone might be able to confirm the following logic when applying triggers to a DC-MP3:

Setup:

Show 1 is set as a timed show commencing at 21:00 and is set to repeat itself 23:00.

Show 2 is set to operate as a triggered event and play once.

Show 3 is set to operate as a triggered event and play once.

OK at 21:00 Show 1 commences and will continue to repeat itself until 23:00 unless Show 2 or Show 3 are triggered from external inputs. At the conclusion of either Show 2 or Show 3 (dependant on which-ever one was triggered) Show 1 will start again (provided it is not already past 23:00) and continue until 23:00 unless Show 2 or Show 3 are triggered again.

In the event that Show 2 is running and Show 3 is triggered I presume Show 2 will stop and Show 3 will commence unless the option "Show cannot be interrupted by input triggers" has been selected for Show 2. At the end of Show 3, provided that it is not already past 23:00, then I presume Show 1 will commence from the beginning again until 23:00. The same applies if interchanging Show 2 and Show 3.

If Show 2 is running as a triggered event and it is re-triggered during Show 2, will it start again or ignore the trigger? Does the option "Show cannot be interrupted by input triggers" make any difference here?

By any slim chance if Show 1 has been running and interrupted by a triggered event will Show 1 remember where it left off and restart from that point, or does it start again from the beginning. If not, then maybe that is something the development team could consider as a future option.

To put the above in context I want to have my normal show run between certain hours, but have the ability for visitors to interrupt the show and run a mini show for a period of time, before it returns to the normal show.

Cheers,

davidt, Australia