Light-O-Rama Forums

ctb16pc standalone?

eldoradoboy

im tryng to put together a Makeshift Slow fade sequence of 3 channels on a CTB16PC controller... is there a way I can do this without having to tie up a PC? just have it slow fade from 1-2-3-1-2-3 etc? no music or anything for this..
-Christopher

A CTB16PC can not function as a stand-alone unit.

You need a deluxe series controller. Either the CTB-16D or CTB-08D will work.

It was reported that the PC controller can be ran stand alone. This is an undocumented feature. As all my boards are out in display, I am not going to try but someone on this board knows how to do this.

Here is a quote from Dan

That is nothing that we have announced... However some people have discovered that there is a way to get them to run standalone by tricking the Hardware Utility into sending a standalone sequence to them! PC series does not have the external eprom for large standalone sequences so they will never be able to support anything except a rather small sequence.

Because the firmware in the PC is based on the 16D, the processor did its best to handle a standalone sequence even when it knows the eprom is missing. A side effect that was not anticipated and is not supported.

I would Love for someone to Post this.. i ended up using one of my AL (shhhhh) controllers and running a Macro on it.. and that worked good for me.. but im going to sell all my AL stuff so id like to be able to do this with my LOR controllers..
-Christopher

I do this at Halloween with some of my PC boxes. Just a small (2k sequence if I remember right) so I don't have to run Cat5 to several different controllers for simple annimation.