Light-O-Rama Forums

largest sd card usuable with mp3-director

stonemik

Is there an upper GB size limit that works with the mp3-director? I'm guessing that the Lexar brand must be used and assuming that an sdhd cannot be used. I tried a non-lexar 2GB and the show will play correctly the first night but not start at all the next night. Went back to the 256MB that came with the mp3-director and it's working fine now. Next year's show will be larger than 256MB...and I don't really wanna direct the show from the PC.

THANKS
Mike

stonemik wrote:

Is there an upper GB size limit that works with the mp3-director? I'm guessing that the Lexar brand must be used and assuming that an sdhd cannot be used. I tried a non-lexar 2GB and the show will play correctly the first night but not start at all the next night. Went back to the 256MB that came with the mp3-director and it's working fine now. Next year's show will be larger than 256MB...and I don't really wanna direct the show from the PC.

THANKS
Mike

I use a 2GB card - some CHEAP brand I bought at walmart - no problems.

Harrison

stonemik wrote:

THANKS
Mike

In the LOR DC-MP3 book on page 7 it states. SD cards must be formatted in FAT16(or just FAT) Also not all brands of SD cards will work with the DC-MP3. Lexar Media and Simple Tech are know to work.

I am using a Lexar 1gb. It holds a ton. My whole show runs 45 min, Off hours music plays the rest on the night/day (i have 20 songs and 10 promos in between). There is still plenty of space left.

Hi,

I am ussing a 1 gb card, no worries.

redsea300, could you explain how you set up thie files, somone can just play music.

As this is what I am trying to do.

Deblen

deblen wrote:

Hi,

I am ussing a 1 gb card, no worries.

redsea300, could you explain how you set up thie files, somone can just play music.

As this is what I am trying to do.

Deblen
I opened my regular LOR template I program to. Then I import (edit-- change media file) to the song I want to play. Save the file and that is it. I just don't program anything to it. I set up show #3 and just list alll the song i have just loaded into and thats it. If you need more details just email me back thru the website donc@hearthelights.coim