Light-O-Rama Forums

2.0.16 DMX upgrade question

mmaness

Okay, I get that I can set a DMX address in any of 256 DMX addresses. What about if I were to fade up/down a DMX channel (such as a moving yoke sweep across the house)? Is that a LOR 0-100 range, or a DMX 1-256 range?

You should upgrade to 2.1.6 the DMX now lets your use DMX values and shows you you what the LOR vaule is. Also you have the DMX effects tool where you can set intensites that are used offten. Really makes working with DMX a lot easier.

Here is a shot with the new VC. As you can see you can set the DMX value and it will show you the LOR value below it. If I am understanding correctly you can use DMX values now instead of LOR values.

Attached files 167485=9647-LOR-VC.bmp

I don't know if you're understanding me or not.

I have upgraded, so that's not a problem. The iDMX-1000 has also had the new firmware flashed. So that's not a problem, either.

What I'm asking, I guess, is when I set a range to fade up/down, say I wanted to sweep the front of the house with a DMX spot - say, for instance, 19-56 for left/right limits - is the fade range I set in LOR percent values, or DMX 256 values?

I think I've just answered my own question. If you fade up/down with DMX, you're still in the LOR percent values (0-100%) instead of DMX values.

mmaness wrote:

I think I've just answered my own question. If you fade up/down with DMX, you're still in the LOR percent values (0-100%) instead of DMX values.

That is correct, currently with fades you use % .... At the end of the fade you can use a DMX intensity to get the "aim" more exact. We have plans to fully integrate the DMX values into all commands at a later date.

• 2 months later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

That is correct, currently with fades you use % .... At the end of the fade you can use a DMX intensity to get the "aim" more exact. We have plans to fully integrate the DMX values into all commands at a later date.

Dan,

If possible, could you please give an indication when this is likely to occur, eg: next 3 months, 6 months, next year, etc?

It is currently very messy trying to work with a combination of real DMX values as well as % for fades, resulting in too much hair loss. If it is a feature that is just around the corner, then I'd prefer to wait before attempting too many fades.

Cheers,

davidt, Australia

I agree. Its very hard to sequence with the fades. I had to go through and set all my "marks" in both DMX value and in LOR %. That way I can fade to a point, then set the DMX value to keep the light at the point. Its a little tedious to do. However, I think this software is so powerful that this is just another one of those "nit-picky" things. What we are doing works, it just takes some time.

• The topic was locked