Light-O-Rama Forums

Residual voltage, LOR controllers and LEDs

Dale W

I am using a MP3 director to control my show. At the end of the show, I will remove the SD card to insure lights do nothing freaky.

I have observed, though, that I have residual voltage coming from some of my channels that will illuminate my LED minitrees and other LED strands. They are not 100% on, but on nonetheless.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Sometimes the triac's need a little juice to get them to turn off. Try adding a sting of minis to see if they will turn off. If so, you will have to add some load. It was posted once were someone used one of the those bathroom plug in room fresheners. They draw a little current and worked good.

iresq wrote:

Sometimes the triac's need a little juice to get them to turn off. Try adding a sting of minis to see if they will turn off. If so, you will have to add some load. It was posted once were someone used one of the those bathroom plug in room fresheners. They draw a little current and worked good.

Almost all my channels are LED's (68 out of 74 channels used) using both 1/2 wave and full wave LED's. I use the snubber resistor and have never had a problem with the LED's not turning off. I did have your problem before adding the snubber resistors of random channels turning on.

My fades, shimmers, and twinkles look just like the incandescents now.

My arches are even 1/2 wave LED's and look awesome.

Agreeing with Iresq and Dennis. Through a snubber on there first to see if it corrects the problem.