Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL's not responding in sequence editor on show computer

Shubb

I have been struggling with this for a few weeks, but refuse to give up!
I can connect to the 3 controllers on the ELL with the hardware utility, but not the sequence editor. I move the USB adapter to another computer (with same sequence copied on flash drive) and it works fine.

I have 23 controllers, USB adapter w/ booster and 2 ELL's.
20 controllers are cable connected, 3 are on ELL's across the street. The same equipment as I used last year with no problems. I have tried the standard USB adapter and it does the same thing. I changed ELL's (I have 2 back-ups) and changed the cables. Still won't work. I also have tried running the sequence in a show.
I also tried connectin the ELL into the USB booster, and the last controller.
I verified the channel config and it is correct.

I tried updating the ELL firmware, and tried several version of 2.0.

Any idea's????

Thanks

Scott

Make sure that the comm speed that you use in the Sequence Editor (and thus the show) matches the speed that the ELLs are set to. The fastest the ELLs can run is the middle speed that you can set in the Sequence Editor. The hardware utility automaticly syncs with the speed of the ELLs.

You can check the speed of the ELLs in the Hardware Utility on the RF page. You set the speed in the Sequence Editor in the Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences page. Middle speed is 57.6 low speed is 19.2

Dan

Well it looks like that was the problem. The settings were different on the two computers. It's too rainy/wet to try it tonight, but I'm sure that was the problem.

Thanks for your help Dan.

Scott