Light-O-Rama Forums

sorry i need help again finding controllers 1602w

a8184

First I'm barely computer literate so please forgive stupid questions. I was animation only for last couple of nights until everything was hooked up. Everything hooked up and hwu recognized boxes 2, 4, and 6, but not 1, 3, or 5. since 2 4 and 6 are on one side of house, thought it was cat 5 so tried new one from last box that works, to 1st box that doesn't. Then hooked laptop up to box 5 and hwu recognized it that way. Did same to box 3, but hwu didn't recognize, so reset. still not recognized. haven't tried direct connect to box 1 yet, that's on the roof and waiting for hubby to get home before i get up there. (Want someone to call 911 just in case i slip). Box 3 worked several days ago during animation only show until gfi's tripped. all the leds are flashing and i think i've checked everything except box 1. should I try firmware download now for box 3 since its not being recognized even with direct connect?

thanks for your help.....again!!

Arlinda

Just got on the roof, box 1 is fine when hooked directly to pc as is box 5. 3 still doesn't work when hooked to pc, but led flashes. Box 3 worked several days ago until gfi kept tripping during the rain. used hwu after the gfi was reset and it wouldn't find box 3. But other 2 that were hooked up are fine. And of course I'm having guest over tonight and troubleshooting this instead of getting ready. Oh well, show must go on (or at least the party will)