Light-O-Rama Forums

dead box?

StevenCometa

hey guys, i recently recieved my LOR controllers in the mail through WOW lights out here in california. I followed the instructions on linking them together but when i had them both plugged in and went to the hardware screen, i would tell channel 1 to do something, and it would have both channel 1's (channel 1 from each box) light up.

i followed the directions on swithching the unit ID in the box, while i was doing it the entire box shut off and now no matter what i do the red indicator light wont flash or do anything, i can feel that the unit is recieving power due to the heat inside the box, but no light, its not found by the hardware manager or anything...

what could be wrong?

Try reseting the controller.

Unplug it, remove the jumper on the second row of the 18 pin header then plug it in for 5 seconds. Then unplug it and put the jumper back on the SECOND row of the 18 pin header.

I tried the reset,

i unplugged the unit, removed the piece from the second row of the 18 pins, plugged it back in for 5 seconds, i then unplugged the unit then replaced the piece on the second row and plugged it back in. still nothing.

IF both controllers are responding when you turn channel 1 on, then did you set each box to a unique ID? The book goes through how to do that.

If you have problems with that, then you will need to provide the type of controller you have so that you an get specific directions.

Chuck