Light-O-Rama Forums

1132CU X-10 Controller Setup

mrduncan

Has anyone setup a 1132CU X-10 controller? I can't get the LOR Hardware program to recognize the controller. Does the 1132CU need it's own vitrual USB COM port?

Just a little tip here. With the new version of lor, using windows commands and a command line control like ahcmd.exe for the cm15a a little batch scripting we can use our usb controls now :)

something like this in a batch file...

@echo off
C:"Program Files (x86)Common FilesX10Common"ahcmd.exe sendplc a2
on
C:"Program Files (x86)Common FilesX10Common"ahcmd.exe sendplc a3
on
C:"Program Files (x86)Common FilesX10Common"ahcmd.exe sendplc a4
on

and in lor having the windows command setup to run your batch file

slick -- I'm loving that idea.

Plus folks using homeseer could do even more stuff ...

But thats only one command per song, right? Or can you
send commands during the song as well?

Here is another little slick idea i just added in with too many thoughts running through my head..
Using the bmail client at http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cmdlinemail/cmdlinemail.htm I now send myself a text msg to my phone when the show starts running ;) simply by adding another line to my batch file that is in the startup section of my show :) a very big THANK YOU to the lor team for this enhancement

So now we need a utility that reads our upcoming sequence (.lms) and determines the length ... then allows us to run sub-events within that timeframe. Just one of the functions would be updating the RDS information. We could also take say the first track and possibly do stuff at certain points in time.

Great.....I'm new to the LOR world......I've only been using LOR for a couple of weeks......Can you direct me to where I can get more inforamtion on how to run windows commands from LOR?

In the lor help file is where I found the information for running commands from lor. As to batch files the internet is full of information on them :)... I will give one little idea for multiple usage of many commands I am currently exploring. I'm sure there is a better way but the use of "sleep" which one of many versions can be found at http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=32&cmd=download&pid=16 I am currently testing out to get "spare slow channels" of control using the cm15a. Along with a number of other ideas have been spawned from this ability to run commands from the sequences. :)

• 3 years later...

I had an idea with subsequences to make this work. But apparently, when you run a subsequence, the windows command from the subsequence does not run.

Any other idea?

eurbani wrote:

But apparently, when you run a subsequence, the windows command from the subsequence does not run.

I see you got your answer here.

I asked this same question last year. I can't remember if I sent it to the wish list before, but I just did that now.