Light-O-Rama Forums

show freezes?

medman2000

Nothing but problems this year! 800 or so channels of LOR, USB RS485 with booster, combination of LOR1602W and CTB16PC (LOR built). Computer runs show from garage, have two Cat5 cables leaving adapter for left and right sides of yard.

For some reason my show (two sequences so far) freezes about a third of the way in when running with "shows enabled" but will run one sequence without freezing if using sequence editor. It seemed to freeze with either sequence running, whichever started first.

I've tried two different computers same result.

Hopefully an easy fix? I hate just having one song running with sequence editor right now.

Thanks for any thoughts!

medman2000

One of the issues that has surfaced this year is having partially define channels in your config. Check for channels that are partially defined. Where you have defined as Lightorama controller, but have no unit ID.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

One of the issues that has surfaced this year is having partially define channels in your config. Check for channels that are partially defined. Where you have defined as Lightorama controller, but have no unit ID.

Chuck

I know I have at least a few, I'll remove them and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

cmoore60 wrote:

Chuck

Dude you saved Christmas!! I literally was moments away from getting the chainsaw out and claiming my "accident" to recover some of my costs into this hobby.

Fixed 5 partially-defined channels, and now the show hasn't frozen and amazingly everything is flashing/blinking the way it is supposed to!

Thanks man!!!