Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions about the Sale on May 22. (CLOSED)..

Guest guest

OK, instead of printing I used a free PDF convertor to print it . It automatically changes the window so I didn't get to download the softare. I did pay the extra to get the CD though. is there a way to download the software now that the link is gone?

Also what if I decide to add another controller before my save10 ships. How can these be combined to save on shipping?

Thanks,

Chris

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Anyone know if I'll have to wait three months to be able to download the software? That would seem unnecessary

When you purchase your stuff we activate the download link even though we won't be charging the card until we ship the equipment. We assume that the risk to us is not too high.

Also, some people have been using cards that they fund when they expect to be charged. The store automatically does a pre-auth (doesn't charge but sees if the charge would go through) and gets denied. Just a head's up.

John

if you check your email from light o rama there is a link you click on that will take you to your order page and to verify identity you have to provide the card number of the credit card you used and then it will show you the link

I don't remember what the consensus is ... the controllers that are being shipped out with this sale will work with current LOR software, right? No need for a firmware update until LORII debuts months from now?

Tim, Dan had said in the "Light-O-Rama in 2006" thread:

NOTE: Existing LOR controllers/firmware will not work with LOR II. All existing LOR controllers will be upgraded to this new protocol free of charge.

and on page 2 of the same thread he said:

As far as firmware upgrade is concerned... please note: EXISTING CONTROLLERS WILL NOT WORK WITH LOR II !!! ( They will require firmware upgrades or new chips... We will bear all expense for the upgrade of existing LOR supplied controllers... )

I also saw a message saying that even the controllers sold during the sale would need to have firmare upgrades to be LOR_II-compatible, but I don't remember which thread it was. Logically, all the "sale" controllers will have to work with the current LOR software until LOR II comes out.

But that brings up another question: will the controllers that receive the LOR_II-compatible firmware still work with the current LOR software?

Tom

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

if you check your email from light o rama there is a link you click on that will take you to your order page and to verify identity you have to provide the card number of the credit card you used and then it will show you the link

I've been gonna ask a question 'bout this for awhile, but didn't want to bother the LOR folks 'till the sale was over. Back in Febuary when I joined PC, found LOR and bought the software I got that email with the link to the download. Since then my shiny new Dell laptop consumed one 100Gig 2.5" Hard disk. Half of one sequence was lost due to my laziness. But worst of all that email with the link is gone. I'm sure they have records and I will be able to use my Credit Card to verify, but I thought there was a similar link in the website somewhere. When LOR_II becomes available, I will need to get to that link to prove my LOR_I purchase. Anyone have any ideas on this?

jeff

Jeff,

I had a similare issue. I emailed Dan and Mary at LOR and they were able to reference my purchase and allow me to download again. I also took care of that situation in the future and spent the extra funds to obtain the CD with the program.

Chuck

gaines wrote:

Just ordered two more 16 channel controllers for my mega tree with the "save10" coupon. :)

Can't wait for the software update.

Talk about making it in at the last minute.

Unless someone placed an order between 1am and this morning when Dan closed the sale, I was probably the last person to get in on it this year.

*whew*

I can see a whole new host of questions coming once the kits start arriving. Dan might want to consider a new topic heading for "Kit Assembly Questions." At least that way the questions would all be in the same place and a little easier to search for answers, rather than asking the same question repeatedly.

Denny