Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions about the Sale on May 22. (CLOSED)..

Guest guest

Should I get 2, or 3 :)

and also, correct me if i'm wrong, the current reg & sale prices are still lower than they will become "in season" ?

I know as soon as I get 2, i'll fill them up and wished that I had 3. my one saving grace is that I have a REALLY small front yard as it is pie shaped (not even 50 ft across at the street)

RayNMesa wrote:

If I order one controller at a time with the 10% deal will I get more chances to win the Dell computer ??? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, you just might have to pay shipping every time, and then there's the "I have to buy 16 packs of extension cords because i just bought 16 CTB-08's (or 8 16channels)" , so there goes 32 more orders...you could have a pretty good chance of winning.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Luke K.

lkcubsrule wrote:

RayNMesa wrote:
If I order one controller at a time with the 10% deal will I get more chances to win the Dell computer ??? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, you just might have to pay shipping every time, and then there's the "I have to buy 16 packs of extension cords because i just bought 16 CTB-08's (or 8 16channels)" , so there goes 32 more orders...you could have a pretty good chance of winning.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Luke K.
Almost like playing the Lotto . cant win fur lose'n :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

RayNMesa wrote:

Yes but your shipping would probably go up...

EasleyK wrote:

and also, correct me if i'm wrong, the current reg & sale prices are still lower than they will become "in season" ?

I know as soon as I get 2, i'll fill them up and wished that I had 3. my one saving grace is that I have a REALLY small front yard as it is pie shaped (not even 50 ft across at the street)
I have not intention of selling controllers at a lower price this year. I have never had a sale during the Christmas Season. Regular prices will be going up later this year.

LightORama wrote:

EasleyK wrote:

I have not intention of selling controllers at a lower price this year. I have never had a sale during the Christmas Season. Regular prices will be going up later this year.

yep, that's what I was referring to, I just didn't word it very good. my wife was looking over my shoulder and it was making me nervous, just waiting for her to ask me how much $ I was gunna spend. :)

I'm pretty sure what the answer is to my own question. (2 orders) Question is, If I wanted to get say a couple controllers with the regular sale, and get a couple more on the delayed shipping, extra 10% sale, would I place 2 orders? Stupid question I know. Thanks

Easy light linker question. Do I need the USB485B Adapter with Booster also to run this? Just planning my x-mas shopping.

All I can say is Thanks, Thanks, Thanks to all of the LOR staff. Great products. Now lets start up that Lights/LOR anonymous class.(LLA):laughing:

If I wanted to get say a couple controllers with the regular sale, and get a couple more on the delayed shipping, extra 10% sale, would I place 2 orders?

I would guess that two orders would be the way to go. Unofficially, of course. :D

Easy light linker question. Do I need the USB485B Adapter with Booster also to run this?

Take a look at the Light Linker manual:
http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/RF-V4_Man_Web.pdf

It says:
Use a Cat5 cable to connect the Easy Light Linker to either an LOR controller or a PC using an LOR USB485B adapter.

HTH,
Tom

Dan:

What stores will be selling the Light-O-Ramas? Will they be available at Home Depot or Lowes?

I'm guessing they'll be available at right after Halloween, correct?

Thanks!

Paul

I've heard nothing to suggest that LOR will be available in any retail store.

There is a LOR Dealer program that will be starting up this year, though you are looking at individual sellers, not any retail establishment.

Dan or John,

Question ? In order to run the RF-V4 as a transmitter from my PC, I will need the USB485B Power Booster. In the Users Manual(from website) it refers to a PC adapter, (Page 5 ,last paragraph) Is the PC adapter the same as the USB485B that I will need to order separate and does the USB485B come with the USB cable as the adapter does or are these two separate items? Also when configuring the Transreceiver it refers to the LOR RF Tab in the LOR Utility(page 6,first paragraph). My current version of LOR does not have that tab for RF. Is there going to be a newer update to LOR software to take care of this or are we talking LOR II here?

I know your busy but needed clairification.

Thanks

One Lite Shy,

In order to run the RF-V4 as a transmitter from my PC, I will need the USB485B Power Booster. In the Users Manual(from website) it refers to a PC adapter, (Page 5 ,last paragraph) Is the PC adapter the same as the USB485B that I will need to order separate and does the USB485B come with the USB cable as the adapter does or are these two separate items?

We had intended to offer a package where you got the ELL and the USB Adapter. That's no longer the case, so I should have deleted that paragraph. If you intend to drive an ELL from a PC without any controllers cabled to it as well, then you need the USB485B, which you must buy separately and it does include the USB cable. I will remove that paragraph from the manual.

Also when configuring the Transreceiver it refers to the LOR RF Tab in the LOR Utility(page 6,first paragraph). My current version of LOR does not have that tab for RF. Is there going to be a newer update to LOR software to take care of this or are we talking LOR II here?

We will provide a link to an updated Hardware Utility.

John

I guess this isn't too directly related to the sale, but if we buy the unassembed controller, can we get the starter kit for $80 also? I'm pretty sure we do, but I just want to make sure.

Is everything on sale? Including the software or hobbyist starter kit that includes the software?

Also, I assume that even though you use Cat5 cable and RJ45 connectors to connect controllers and PCs, these connections are not ethernet compatible and I can't tie L-O-R in to my home network.

softco wrote:

Is everything on sale? Including the software or hobbyist starter kit that includes the software?

Also, I assume that even though you use Cat5 cable and RJ45 connectors to connect controllers and PCs, these connections are not ethernet compatible and I can't tie L-O-R in to my home network.

Almost everything is on sale...except for like 2 or items (as so it seems in the sale flyer) I doubt the software is going to be on sale, but buy it before LOR 2 comes out and save some much needed money.

I thought of the Cat5 in my home network, also. My brother did ours and all the cables come to one location, but we don't have a big enuf router, so all are not hooked up...just the ones that need internet. So, i was thinking...my room is above our piano room-and outside of that window is where i need to get.

So Luke, in his bright thinking, says, well, why not get a cable to connect my room and the piano room jack and so the connections are in the wall... I think it will work (will try for christtmas) but , as always, then i cant get internet in my room, and no Planet Christmas for a month and a half. and easy light linker is wayyyy out of my budget....so i might just run a cable out my window and paint it the color of our siding and made it invisible to the pedestrians that come by...

Luke