Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions about the Sale on May 22. (CLOSED)..

Guest guest

Rick Hughes wrote:

Was it determined what time zone is used to "kick off" the sale prices?

LOR time is Eastern Time. Which of course is great because it is the closest to now of any US time zones!

Jeff

tkhowse wrote:

Rick Hughes wrote:
Was it determined what time zone is used to "kick off" the sale prices?
12:00 a.m. Eastern time

Well, as another PCer found out, The sale starts @

-11:00pm for Central Time (a.k.a. PC time)
-10:00 for Mountain Time
-9:00 for Pacific Time

But, all these times are the exact same time...if that makes sence

Luke K.

Order in!:waycool:

I'm officially a lights geek in waiting. Hopefully, ordering nearly one hour after the beginning of the sale will put me near the front of the SAVE10-first-come-first-served line. As long as they get here by Sept. I should have plenty of time to get them ready for Halloween.

Anyone know if I'll have to wait three months to be able to download the software? That would seem unnecessary.

softco wrote:

Anyone know if I'll have to wait three months to be able to download the software? That would seem unnecessary.

I'm kind of wondering that too, but I don't think it really matters since the demo is the same as the full version except you can't actually control the controllers. So it doesn't really matter until you actually have the controllers anyway. Of course, I may be wrong here.

Ya, the demo can do all the sequensing for you. but the real version has a LOT more to it then what you can see! The demo only has the sequenser, but the real package has...

sequenser, schedual, hardware utility, show editor and possibly another, (somone please help me!)

--Daniel L

If you own no hardware, then the full version of LOR isn't going to do much for you. You would be able to schedule your shows, and/or create them. Though, it will only take you 30 minutes or so to figure that part of it out once you get the full software suite.

Anyone know if I'll have to wait three months to be able to download the software? That would seem unnecessary

When you purchase your stuff we activate the download link even though we won't be charging the card until we ship the equipment. We assume that the risk to us is not too high.

Also, some people have been using cards that they fund when they expect to be charged. The store automatically does a pre-auth (doesn't charge but sees if the charge would go through) and gets denied. Just a head's up.

John

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Anyone know if I'll have to wait three months to be able to download the software? That would seem unnecessary

When you purchase your stuff we activate the download link even though we won't be charging the card until we ship the equipment. We assume that the risk to us is not too high.

Found it! Thanks.

Now, do you know how I can cancel just part of my order?:D

BTW, does buying the software include free upgrades for a period of time?

I'm just curious how many (thousands:laughing::laughing: of) orders have been sent in...and how hot the MP3 directors and the wireless units are...

Luke

I see that you are now selling a CD. I guess it is the LOR install. Can us old guys get one when we order? I know I copied mine but I don't trust it. Think real careful before you say no. You might just get a picture in the mail of an old man crying, and I'm ugly when i cry.

Question answered on another persons request. Now you're getting rice lights for Christmas.

glenn

Sale goes through 5/29? When is the absolute latest I can place my order and make sure sale prices are still in effect?

My budget is in limbo until I hear some news 'any day now'.

Thanks!

Moving Target in NC

glenn wrote:

You might just get a picture in the mail of an old man crying, and I'm ugly when i cry.

glenn

Just when you cry? :laughing: Why don't you threaten him with some rice lights? :laughing:

I don't remember what the consensus is ... the controllers that are being shipped out with this sale will work with current LOR software, right? No need for a firmware update until LORII debuts months from now?