• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al in Raleigh

• Scott Lorbacher

• kyeteholmes

• ChrisBMacon

This is my first year going animated, and I had big plans to invite folks over. But, a couple of things really messed up my plans. First, I got all 10,800 of my LED's in the now infamous 2008 CDI pre-season buy. So, about half my strings have died, forcing me to scrap hundreds of feet of my display. If that wasn't enough, the NCDOT is finishing off a massive road construction project near my house (near PTI), and the route to my house has been changing almost daily. I've even gotten lost a couple of times trying to find my way home!

So, my display is probably not worth the drive. But, you can check out three of my sequences at:

http://DumbSoutherner.com/lights/

Here's a map of several displays in the Triad. A few of them are LOR controlled. Many of the others are really nice static displays:

http://www.digtriad.com/life/holiday/christmas/lights/default.aspx

I had the same question regarding anyone living in the Middle Ga area. I was told to place my city/state in my profile. While viewing the others, I sorted the profile by their address and found someone close.

:D

Mountainwxman wrote:

So Fred... don't you love all of that construction due to the new Fed-Ex hub? :D

That's it, exactly! I can hear the bulldozers right now! Soon, I'll be hearing those Fed-Ex jets all night long. You can probably imagine just how thrilled I am! :D

My land used to back up to hundreds of acres of pristine woods, lakes, and wetlands. Now, just over the ridge at the back of my land, there's nothing but concrete and steel as far as the eye can see. This old country boy feels a little out of place. I may have to relocate up toward your neck of the woods, Mountainwxman!

HI I live in Apex you can Drive up here and see my this is my first year don't know how good it is if it was not for all the fine folks on this forum it would still be in the box lol I'm going to post some video's soon you can check it out then only have three songs right hope to five buy the weekend.

newbie.gifaccgen.php?bg=snow&b=blue&cl=4500lor_32_snow_red.gif

My display is in Holly Springs, about 20 minutes Southwest of Raleigh. I want to go check out Scott's display this weekend if I can find a few minutes. We have about 16,000 lights on 64 channels with 7 songs. I'm still trying to figure out how some of you do hundreds of channels and 50,000 lights or more! As long as it took me to get mine set up, I can't even imagine.

Yes I would like that too. In the Raleigh area we have about 6 people that have displays that don't know of each other. I would like for all 6 of us to have coffee together sometime.
Al