Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Issues

beholmes2004

Hey All,

Scratching my head on this one. This is the first year to use my DC-MP3 setup.

Im using it to control 4 1602s, 3 connected via ELLs. There are at 3 symptoms that are bugging me.

1) Animations won't play.

2) Music sequences will only play once

3) the lights come on at midnight even when no show is scheduled. (neighbors are _not_ happy with me)

I've upgraded the firmware on the MP3 card just just to be sure i didn't get the "funny" version. Unit 4 1602 units are using the latest version. Im using 2.0.16 HW version of LOR II. I have the show scheduled 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM M-F with a show every 1/2 hour. The lights are set to go dark between shows.

If I load the SD card via the HW tool. I can add animation sequences to the showlist. However when the show kicks on its appears as if they never loaded. For now, I've solved this problem by creating a silent MP3 file

Music sequences - i would like to play the same music sequence a few times for each show. However once the song has played once, it won't play it again. Its like it was only scheduled once.

Lights. Even with the lights set to be dark between shows, at Midnight the shows kick on. The lights go on and music starts, when it ends the lights stay on.

Any clues?

Thanks

Ben

Thanks for the response.

I've verified the switch is in position A.

The clock setting is good, (done via PC and copied file to SD card) since the scheduled shows kick off at the correct time and every 1/2.

Its the midnight one that has me befuddled. And now a new piece to the puzzle. After the midnight one goes, it stops all scheduled. The MP3 card doesn't even think it has a scheduled show anymore. i.e the yellow LED stops blinking.

Still scratching my head.

Ben

Guest wbottomley

If you're setting your time by a pc, do NOT put the time file on the sd card. Setting the time by a pc is much more accurate.

Schedule your shows up to 11:59 pm then schedule the midnight shows beginning at 12am until the ending time.

I know it's a work-around but try it and see.

One possible issue with the animation is that you cannot have an animation which is a single long on command. Not sure if that applies.

If you have not upgraded our DC-MP3 to the latest firmware from the support page then that may help.