Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up new Aurora Core controller

klotzkm

Where I had planned on purchasing a spare PixieCon16, I find that it has been replaced with this new Aurora controller. I have sucessfully tested using it as a LOR/DMX interface to some of my CTBx devices, yet I cannot make my CTB04Dg3 board recognize the DMX output. I noticed that the device lists a DMX interface E1.27.2, yet the Aurora support E1.31. Is this my problem?.. the device has the latest Firmware (1.01) available on the support site.

As I have other Pixie8 controllers, I am disappointed that it appears that I will now need to add an addititional interface to connect to my products (i.e. old LOR, Enhanced LOR,  E1.31, since there is no common protocol? I have attempted to research the PixieLink converter, yet that also seems to be a different DMX protocol?

What is LOR's desired direction as to 'next-gen' devices, and support for legacy items?

What does "successfully tested" mean in the context of "cannot make the CTB04Bg3 board recognize..."? Does that mean your other CTB controllers work in DMX mode?

The CTB04 board is not sold. The only 4-channel CTB controller sold is the CTB04-PC-ELL. Are you trying to link using the ELL? (The ELL won't work with DMX.)

By the way, before anybody else corrects you, the discontinued board is a PixCon16. There was no such thing as a PixieCon16.