Light-O-Rama Forums

Turning on of the inauguration show.

Pioerpaolo

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you for some advice. This year I wanted to create the live lighting during the inauguration day only. I wanted to do it with something physical on site, like a giant button that some child could push and then start the show program. I saw that there are Input pup coupons on the LOR website, which are the ones that would be right for me, but as mentioned in previous posts, the transport with customs clearance fees for Italy costs me more than the "roast" . So I was looking for different, possible ideas, waiting to have to buy other goods in the future and therefore also insert the coupon mentioned above. Thank you in advance, you are always fantastic and full of ideas. Pierpaolo happy grandfather

The CTB series AC controllers  and the CMB24 (DC) have an Input Header (JP4). That allows you to connect up to 3 switches to be detected by your sequence.

NOTE: Inputs (these  or the PUP), can not be on an Enhanced network.

Someone with more experience, will need to address 'delays' after the button has been pressed.

If the 'show' is simple, it may fit into the onboard memory and it could simply be a 'stand alone show' that starts when power is applied. Again the question of Delays for things to happen.

Posted (edited)

In the meantime, thank you, as always, share your experiences and knowledge. There's one thing I'm not clear about about what you wrote. Since I put a NA switch on the jp4 jumper as you indicate, it only starts the CTB and CMB or manages to start the show that is saved on the LOR CP, because it is my intention, in the future, to create a button panel with the 'pop input to let children choose songs throughout the period that the display is installed. Or am I talking nonsense??? Practically in the case of the question, I would like to start the CP show, in the case described now, the chosen songs. Is there a possibility or will it become a bloodbath????

Edited by Pioerpaolo

1 hour ago, Pioerpaolo said:

In the meantime, thank you, as always, share your experiences and knowledge. There's one thing I'm not clear about about what you wrote. Since I put a NA switch on the jp4 jumper as you indicate, it only starts the CTB and CMB or manages to start the show that is saved on the LOR CP, because it is my intention, in the future, to create a button panel with the 'pop input to let children choose songs throughout the period that the display is installed. Or am I talking nonsense??? Practically in the case of the question, I would like to start the CP show, in the case described now, the chosen songs. Is there a possibility or will it become a bloodbath????

Someone familiar with S6 will have to explain how to use a trigger to start a sequence. Note you only have 3 triggers (you need 3 buttons), so there is limits using the Hardware.

I have no idea if MIIP (found at http://itsmebob.com/SD.html) works in the EU (Italy), which is how may folk have a 'Choose' for their shows

55 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Someone familiar with S6 will have to explain how to use a trigger to start a sequence. Note you only have 3 triggers (you need 3 buttons), so there is limits using the Hardware.

I have no idea if MIIP (found at http://itsmebob.com/SD.html) works in the EU (Italy), which is how may folk have a 'Choose' for their shows

Honestly, MIIP is cool, it practically eliminates buttons, input cards, triggers and so on for those who don't have a cell phone today. Now I'll see if I can set it, thank you very much, you're a gold mine, lucky there are people like you in the world, it's not a gimmick, I really mean it

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Someone familiar with S6 will have to explain how to use a trigger to start a sequence.

I use Interactive triggers every night of the year that the year round landscaping show is running.  What do you need help on?

52 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Utilizzo i trigger interattivi tutte le sere dell'anno in cui è in corso lo spettacolo paesaggistico tutto l'anno. Su cosa hai bisogno di aiuto?

Hi Jim, well reviewed. I wanted to know if it was possible to get the show started on CP somehow. Just for the inauguration day, I wanted to simulate, that is, create something like a mega button, a mega electric plug for the children present to use to start the show, then obviously in the following days, send them on with the show scheduled in CP. The duks gave me a good tip with MIIP, which could also help me because, in future years, I wanted to create a button panel for selecting sequences, throughout the period that the display is mounted. But if you give me some advice, for better or worse I can choose, in case something goes wrong. I had seen the pop input cards, thinking they started the sequence from the show on CP. It's right?? Thank you too for your continued presence.

For your initial purpose, MIIP is overkill.

Setting up a start trigger for a show is very easy in S6.  On the Edit Show, there is a section for Options.  On the Options page, under Start of Show Options, select "Start on trigger".  Then set the LOR Network, Unit ID and Input Number for the trigger.  On the Dates & Times page, the start time becomes the time when the trigger becomes enabled, but the show does not start until the trigger happens.

So for example, my year round landscaping show starts at 1600, but the show does not actually start until the trigger is received.  I happen to be using an InputPup because I have a bunch of different triggers for different things.  You can also use an AC controller.  The DC controllers have input pins, but last I was aware of, it was not actually supported.

19 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Per il tuo scopo iniziale, MIIP è eccessivo.

Impostare un trigger di avvio per uno spettacolo è molto semplice in S6 . In Modifica spettacolo è presente una sezione per le Opzioni. Nella pagina Opzioni, sotto Opzioni inizio spettacolo, seleziona "Avvia al trigger". Quindi impostare la rete LOR, l'ID unità e il numero di input per il trigger. Nella pagina Date e orari, l'ora di inizio diventa l'ora in cui l'attivatore viene abilitato, ma lo spettacolo non inizia finché non si verifica l'attivatore.

Quindi, ad esempio, il mio spettacolo paesaggistico tutto l'anno inizia alle 16.00, ma lo spettacolo non inizia effettivamente finché non viene ricevuto l'attivazione. Mi capita di utilizzare un InputPup perché ho un sacco di trigger diversi per cose diverse. Puoi anche usare un controller AC. I controller DC hanno pin di input, ma l'ultima volta che ne ero a conoscenza non era effettivamente supportato.

Ok jim, but does only the CTB and CMB start or does the trigger start the sequence in CP and then, little by little, the show scheduled on CP scrolls away??????

The CTB or InputPup or ServoDog sends the trigger to the Show Player, and it starts the show.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:54 AM, k6ccc said:

The CTB or InputPup or ServoDog sends the trigger to the Show Player, and it starts the show.

Hi Jim, I took a look at the CTB manual, if I understand correctly, I have to use the GND and one of the 3 inputs (1 - 2 - 3) as a normal NO. Examples for using the 3 inputs please, just to give me an idea of the usage, do you all have much more sharing and ideas???? Always thanks to you and everyone.

Correct on wiring the input ports on the CTB.  I have never used an input on a CTB, but at least on the InputPup, you can set it to be Normally Open or Normally Closed in the settings in the Hardware Utility.  The CTB may be the same.

As far as what devices to trigger the input.  I currently have six inputs that are used every night during the year round landscape lighting.  They are:

1)  A light sensor that detect that it is dark in order to start the show - more on that later.

2)  A magnetic door switch that is on my front door.

3 - 5)  IR light beams (similar to what a store might have to detect that someone can in our out the door) in different places to detect a person walking up my walkway or approaching the front porch.

6)  A light sensor that detects that the sun is coming up in order to stop the show - more on that later.

The IR light beams I bought on Amazon.  There are many similar products available.  The ones that I used have a form C relay contact output so I can hook them up to be either NO or NC.

The light sensors are a CdS cell that drives an OpAmp circuit that detects the change in resistance of the CdS cell to provide a solid voltage change to drive the InputPup .  One of the things I did in the OpAmp circuit is to include time damping so a momentary change would not trigger the InputPup.  That is particularly important for the Sun up detector since I don't want a random light to turn off the show.

49 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Corretto il cablaggio delle porte di ingresso sul CTB. Non ho mai utilizzato un ingresso su un CTB, ma almeno su InputPup puoi impostarlo su Normalmente aperto o Normalmente chiuso nelle impostazioni dell'Utilità hardware. Il CTB potrebbe essere lo stesso.

Per quanto riguarda quali dispositivi attivare l'input. Al momento dispongo di sei ingressi che vengono utilizzati ogni notte durante tutto l'anno per l'illuminazione del paesaggio. Sono:

1) Un sensore di luce che rileva che è buio per avviare lo spettacolo - ne parleremo più avanti.

2) Un interruttore magnetico sulla porta di casa.

3 - 5) Raggi di luce IR (simili a quelli che potrebbe essere necessario in un negozio per rilevare che qualcuno può entrare dalla nostra porta) in luoghi diversi per rilevare una persona che cammina lungo il mio passaggio pedonale o si avvicina alla veranda.

6) Un sensore di luce che rileva che il sole sta sorgendo per interrompere lo spettacolo - ne parleremo più avanti.

I fasci di luce IR li ho acquistati su Amazon. Sono disponibili molti prodotti simili. Quelli che ho usato hanno un'uscita con contatto relè di forma C in modo da poterli collegare come NA o NC.

I sensori di luce sono una cella CdS che guida un circuito OpAmp che rileva la variazione di resistenza della cella CdS per fornire una variazione di tensione solida per pilotare l'InputPup. Una delle cose che ho fatto nel circuito OpAmp è includere lo smorzamento del tempo in modo che un cambiamento momentaneo non attivi l'InputPup. Ciò è particolarmente importante per il rilevatore Sole alto poiché non voglio che una luce casuale spenga lo spettacolo.

Thanks Jim you are and are always a great help