Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar pixel max

Lgrages

when i look on the website the largest pixel count for superstar software is 16,000. is there a way to still use the software with more than 16,000 pixels?

Yes.  The "normal" way to use SuperStar with S5 or S6 is to do an "Insert SuperStar Effect" for one prop or a small group of props (for example, a group of arches, or a pixel tree".  As long the group is smaller than your SuperStar license, you are good to go.  So for example, if your pixel tree is 12,000 pixels, and your arches are 6,000 pixels, and you sequence them as separate "Insert SuperStar Effects" you are good to go with a 16,000 pixel SuperStar license.

Note with that said, I sequence everything in my show except my P5 and P10 arrays as a singe "Insert SuperStar Effect".  That requires some careful arrangement in the group arrangement to make that work right from year to year, but it does work well for me.  If you want some help in understanding that, feel free to ask.  But this is what my SuperStar sequencing grid looked like in 2018.  It's changed a bit, but I don't happen to have a current version on my website.  As usual, if your browser does not embed the image, there is a link to it below.

SuperStar_grid_2018.png

http://newburghlights.org/images/SuperStar_grid_2018.png

The tree will be more than 16,000. Does that mean I will have to split the tree when programming?

16,000 pixels is a BIG tree!  Curious how big (both physical size and number of pixels) is it?

In discussion with Brian, he has said that the limit in SuperStar is somewhat arbitrary, so it may be not that hard for him to change.  Maybe just give him a reason to do so.  I also would like a larger license available - that's a hint @BrianBruderer

Posted (edited)

I was looking at about 24,000 or about 34,000 pixles depending on what spacing is done

Edited by Lgrages

It would be nice if the pixel limit could be raised. I'm sure It would be beneficial to more than just us to have a higher pixel limit