Light-O-Rama Forums

RS485 Adapters

Pioerpaolo

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you about the RS485 Adapters, I purchased 2 pixie 16s, but stupidly, I forgot to buy the adapters. Luckily, I always keep a spare of each type in case they get ruined over the Christmas period and I have an old black one, purchased at the beginning. Since on one line, with the red adapter, two CTB16 at 220 volts with 4 singing trees and on two CMB24 at 12 volts 8+8 small RGB figures, maximum 1 meter of strip, what do you say, without spending money to buy only the adapters, (shipping to Italy costs more than the goods) I put the black adapter on the ctb16 and cmb24, and the red one on the pixie 16. The question is whether the low speed line could be affected, or given that they are are simple lights also enough for the CTB16 and CMB24??? thanks as always, Pierpaolo, happy grandfather.

IMHO you did it great. The Black can do 115K (more than enough for the AC and CMB24 (that is only 3 LOR ID's)

OTOH A single Red might be iffy for 2 Pixie16 if they are  fully populated (100+nodes per port) and very effects active.

💡 Don't share the PC's USB port with anything  (assumes USB Hub) that needs speed (storage, video).

Totally agree that Shipping and Duties are insane for small items.  If you have a local 'lighters' group, a Bulk (group) purchase might save money (the first pound shipped is the pricey one)

On 21/3/2024 at 18:18, TheDucks said:

IMHO l'hai fatto alla grande. Il Nero può fare 115K (più che sufficiente per AC e CMB24 (ovvero solo 3 LOR ID)

OTOH Un singolo Rosso potrebbe essere incerto per 2 Pixie16 se sono completamente popolati (100+nodi per porta) e con molti effetti attivi.

💡  Non condividere la porta USB del PC con nulla (si presuppone un Hub USB) che necessiti di velocità (archiviazione, video).

Totalmente d'accordo sul fatto che le spese di spedizione e i dazi sono pazzeschi per i piccoli oggetti. Se hai un gruppo locale di "accendini", un acquisto in blocco (di gruppo) potrebbe far risparmiare denaro (la prima sterlina spedita è quella più costosa)

Just for your information, I purchased from boscoyo, less than 90 euros of goods, with 96 euros of transport costs, today it arrived with 64 euros between VAT and customs costs, in our country they say "the sauce costs more than the roast "

11 minutes ago, Pioerpaolo said:

Just for your information, I purchased from boscoyo, less than 90 euros of goods, with 96 euros of transport costs, today it arrived with 64 euros between VAT and customs costs, in our country they say "the sauce costs more than the roast "

I know exactly what you mean, I lived in Germany for 15 years but at least I was VAT and customs exempt.