Light-O-Rama Forums

PixieLink DMX

Steven

The PixieLink manual says: "When a port on the PixieLink adapter is configured as a DMX universe, the adapter will pick the first configured universe out of the LAN traffic and output it as a DMX512 RS485 network." I'm not sure what "configured universe" means.

I have an E1.31 network that I've been using for my pixel tree (E682) and a row of pixels on the eave (E6804). This year, I want to add 2 DMX networks connected to various RGB DMX props and CTB16PC boxes running in DMX mode. I want to configure the PixieLink as an E1.31 to DMX bridge. I want universe 10 to appear on port 1 and universe 11 to appear on port 2. In the Port Configuration screen, I selected "DMX" for both ports 1 and 2, and in the Control Panel, I added the IP address of the PixieLink and selected start and end universe as 10 and 11. The PixieLink shows as connected in the Network tab of the control panel.

My question is: How do I tell the PixieLink that E1.31 traffic for port 10 should be sent to port 1? The Status page shows 0 packets received. The port configuration has a bunch of boxes for "unit number", but I don't understand what that means in DMX mode, as there are no "unit numbers" in a DMX universe, just channel numbers.