Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC version 1 and DMX

The manual for the CTB16PCg3 seems to imply that the LOR unit number and DMX start address can be set separately, however I don't believe this is the case for version 1 controllers. The only manuals I found for the version 1 CTB16PC do not mention DMX at all, so they must have been written before the firmware supported DMX.

I've been using a bunch of version 1 controllers for 17 years on a LOR network, and I would like to switch to DMX this year, but I first need to verify the address. The G3 manual says the starting DMX address is (Unit ID – 1) * 16 + 1, which says that my existing unit 03 should be DMX addresses 33 to 48 is this correct? This also implies the highest unit number for a CTB16pc in DMX mode would be 512 / 16 = 20 (hex). Did I get that right?

1 hour ago, Steven said:

The G3 manual says the starting DMX address is (Unit ID – 1) * 16 + 1, which says that my existing unit 03 should be DMX addresses 33 to 48 is this correct?

Sounds right.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

This also implies the highest unit number for a CTB16pc in DMX mode would be 512 / 16 = 20 (hex). Did I get that right?

I think so.