Light-O-Rama Forums

No Power to Easy Light Linker from PC (OK from controller to ELL)

losgatosca

Once I have everything connected, I'm not getting power to my Easy Light Linker connected to my PC (no blinking LED). I think it may be the USB485 adapter.

As a workaround, I have a spare controller sitting next to my computer that is plugged into the Easy Light Linker (via the CAT5 cable) to power it. The USB485 adapter is transmitting the sequence from the controller OK but for some reason, no power is getting through.

Any ideas or suggestions. I'm planning to contact LOR Support and ask for a new adapter.

Are you using the USB485B or just the USB485?

The B unit has a power booster to power the linker. What happens if you take an run a cable to a controller, install one linker there. Then install the other linker in another controller. Will the HWU see the second controller?

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Are you using the USB485B or just the USB485?

The B unit has a power booster to power the linker. What happens if you take an run a cable to a controller, install one linker there. Then install the other linker in another controller. Will the HWU see the second controller?

Chuck

I have a USB485 adapter with no power booster.

I'm currently running a cable from the PC to a linker and another cable from the linker to a spare controller (to power the linker). Will work for now but won't have the luxury of having a spare controller laying around for too long just to power the linker.

losgatosca wrote:

I have a USB485 adapter with no power booster.

The only sources for power on the LOR network are controllers or the USB485B.

Not only does the USB485 (without power booster) not supply power to the LOR network, but it won't even work without power from another source (like a controller).

If you're really in a pinch and want to MacGyver it, you could get a 12-volt power supply, a 78L10 voltage regulator, and a couple of capacitors, and supply power to pin 3, but it would be much easier to just order a USB485B.