Light-O-Rama Forums

CPC 40 Pixel Stakes support?

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

Hope your shows/displays went well last month. I'm thinking of MAYBE adding the LOR Pixel Stakes to our show this year. I still need to change to S6 soon but my wife and I like the look of the pixel stakes and what they can do. My question is, with this being a relatively new RGB prop is there much support for it in terms of sequences if I don't/can't make my own? And the better question is, is there a prop file out there similar to a visualizer file to address each pixel and get it in Superstar and/or SE to work with it? And with not having S6 yet I don't have/know if the software has those as a prop file in samples or not. Sorry if it does just trying to get my head around how a 2 dimensional prop would look on a screen and be sequenced. I appreciate any advice.

Have a great afternoon and stay safe.

Thanks,

Al

The short answer is yes. LOR has a number of sequences that have the pixels stakes in them both for Halloween and Christmas. The prop file in these sequences are generic. I suggest you get into S6 now so you have almost an entire year to learn how easy it works for RGB props. You will learn that the Motion effects editor is all you need to create all kinds of effects. You won't need to use Superstar at all. I have a 64 level Superstar license and I have not used it since S6 came out. Motion Effects are the easiest way to create your own effects with The ME editor. Get S6 now and if you have questions that's what these forums are for. 

Have fun with it.

Kenny Jure

Edited by Box on Rails
  • Like 1

Great, thanks for the info. Yeah I've been putting off switching to S5 and S6 not wanting change. LOL I'm very comfortable with S4. But I know it can do a lot more even though I don't have a ton of RGB props in our display. 

Thanks again. 😀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Al Saunders said:

Great, thanks for the info. Yeah I've been putting off switching to S5 and S6 not wanting change. LOL I'm very comfortable with S4. But I know it can do a lot more even though I don't have a ton of RGB props in our display. 

Thanks again. 😀

I understand. But if you start using S6 now and still aren't ready come show season just go back to S4. The move from S4 to S6 is a lot more overwhelming because S5 and S6 are pretty much a whole different program with the added previews and Motion effects. Just do it and keep a good backup of all your previous sequences and shows. I have a data base of all my shows and sequences going back to S2. everything is there and sometimes I go back and convert an earlier sequence into a new S6 sequence. Just remember to have fun with it. That's my motto.

Kenny Jure

• Like 1

Thanks Kenny,

I really appreciate the help. I'm watching Aubrey's You Tube videos now to get myself ready to convert over to S6.

Always having fun with this hobby! 😃👍

Al

Importing an S4 .LMS file into S5 or S6 converts it to a new format, .LOREDIT. The original lms file is not changed in any way. In fact the S5 and S6 Show Player will play S4 lms files just fine if you had a sequence you didn't want to upgrade. Of course you should always be backed up anyway.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

n fact the S5 and S6 Show Player will play S4 lms files just fine if you had a sequence you didn't want to upgrade.

So I think this answers another question I had that I need to upgrade my show laptop/software to S6 also. I am currently running my show on an old laptop running Windows 7 and not connected to my home Wi-Fi network. I have a newer sequencing laptop and the old one is just for running the shows. 

Thanks Phil for the info. 

Al

If you have sequences that were created or edited in S5 or S6, you will not be able to play them on a show player computer running S4.  Also note that S6 requires Windows 10 or later (it will also run on Windows 2019 Server Essentials).  I was able to upgrade my show computer that had been running Windows 7 to Windows 10, but quickly found that it wanted more RAM - 4GB was not really enough.

• Like 1