Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel strings with Xconnect ends

DougM

Hey guys. right now I have a 16x25 Pixel tree from Light o Rama. I want to add more pixel items next year. I have seen several vendors running pixels strings on the pre-sale. My question is this. Most of these sites give you a choice of Xconnect or Ray Wu ends. What do i need to do to use the Xconnect type strings. Is there a Xconnect to LOR converter i can use? I plan on using a Pixie 16 for new pixel strings. i have researched this everywhere and just don't see a clear answer. Hope you guys can help me figure this out. 

Thanks in advance

As you have encountered, there are several types of plugs and your best bet is to pick one type and then stick with it. Xconnect seems to be the most popular and no there is no converter to switch between different types.

16 hours ago, DougM said:

Hey guys. right now I have a 16x25 Pixel tree from Light o Rama. I want to add more pixel items next year. I have seen several vendors running pixels strings on the pre-sale. My question is this. Most of these sites give you a choice of Xconnect or Ray Wu ends. What do i need to do to use the Xconnect type strings. Is there a Xconnect to LOR converter i can use? I plan on using a Pixie 16 for new pixel strings. i have researched this everywhere and just don't see a clear answer. Hope you guys can help me figure this out. 

Thanks in advance

Make sure you order it as xConnect Female to LOR 15mm Male other wise you'll end up with adapters that are for Xconnect dongles to LOR strings. I made this mistake but fortunately I have 2 Pixie 16 I put together with Xconnect dongles so now I can run LOR strings on those 2 Pixies. This way is the correct link. https://www.wiredwatts.com/xchp3p5fm

Thank you for that info and the link. I have read and read and just wasn’t sure. 

I have been curious about this as well. I have a 16x25 pixel tree and looking to add more pixels for this year, too.

Keep in mind you get what you pay for. In 2023 I ordered 6000 pixels From an Amazon vender because they were considerably lower in priced then the LOR strings. They were 100 pixels strings for the same price as the LOR 50 pixels strings. These pixel strings failed at about a 25% rate. I was able to repair them because it was always a single pixel failure. During my 2023 show season (October to the New Year) at least 2 to 3 times a week I had to do repairs on my 100x50 Matrix. This made for a lot of work to keep the show looking good. In comparison, I also have a 50x48 Matrix with all LOR strings and they have been going strong for 3 years with zero failures. This is just one persons experience but it is something to keep in mind.

Kenny Jure

Happy 2024, I use Pixie 2's and connect to easyplug3/xconnect bullet strings with this adapter #924 from HC and LOR extension wire if needed.