Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixielink Question

metallus2000

My set-up is a combined Pixicon/Pixie network. I have run cat 5 throughout the house, but I am looking into a Pixelink.

Question: Can I run Pixicon and Pixie boards off the Pixelink? I have read the description and understand the different protocols. I just want to ensure I can attach the different type boards using one network connection for all of them.

I know it sounds obvious, but want to make sure this works, before I spend my allowance ;-)

Pixielink has 1 gozinda (Ethernet, e1,31 ) and 6 gozoutas (LOR RS485),   😈

so you could colocate the Pixielink and a Pixcon if you use a Ethernet switch . The rest need their own cables

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

so you could colocate the Pixielink and a Pixcon if you use a Ethernet switch . The rest need their own cables

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Ok I can work with that. The Pixcon is currently running off a dedicated router

Why would you run a Pixcon off of a PixieLink when a Pixcon itself can run on either network? The PixieLink was designed so you can run LOR controller (Pixie, CTB16, CMB24) on an E1.31 network

23 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Why would you run a Pixcon off of a PixieLink when a Pixcon itself can run on either network? The PixieLink was designed so you can run LOR controller (Pixie, CTB16, CMB24) on an E1.31 network

I think he was saying that he could use an ethernet switch on the one E1.31 network cable to drive the Pixcon16 and the PixieLink.   Then the RS-485 outputs from the PixieLink would drive the Pixie controllers.

That would make sense.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I think he was saying that he could use an ethernet switch on the one E1.31 network cable to drive the Pixcon16 and the PixieLink.   Then the RS-485 outputs from the PixieLink would drive the Pixie controllers.

That would make sense.

That would make sense, it's just this question that throws me, "Can I run Pixicon and Pixie boards off the Pixelink?"

The bit about more than 1 network over a single (permanent) CAT5 threw me. Ethernet to the switch then a Pixcon and Pixielink

Right, thanks. I am thinking of expanding to new Aurora boards. Planning out network and additions this coming year.