Light-O-Rama Forums

Flashing LED on AC Controller

Dan Dubbs

I have 2 CTB16D that seem to have a COMM error.

I have tried both are at the end of the Cat5 cable and the LED keeps flashing.

I'm about tol try them at other locations in the line.    Maybe it's the RJ45 jack in the last controller?   

I recall that at the Mega Mini there was a discussion about the comm chip, but I can't find any reference to it on the website.

Can you point me to where I can find more information about troubleshooting and/or replacing the comm chip?

After more testing, I've found that the previous controller (which is connecting) is not passing the signal out through the left (middle) RJ45 connector.

Would it be the RJ45 connector, or does this model have a separate comm chip for each RJ45 port?   (It appears there are two of the comm chips on this board).

10 minutes ago, Dan Dubbs said:

After more testing, I've found that the previous controller (which is connecting) is not passing the signal out through the left (middle) RJ45 connector.

Would it be the RJ45 connector, or does this model have a separate comm chip for each RJ45 port?   (It appears there are two of the comm chips on this board).

They are just hard wired between

So, its likely a problem with the RJ45 jack itself?

Could I put a RJ45 splitter on the one working port and extend the signal that way?

6 hours ago, Dan Dubbs said:

Could I put a RJ45 splitter on the one working port and extend the signal that way?

Yes.  Keep it short.  Fix properly after the show season.