Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestions for S6 improvements

Greg Young

Would it be possible to put a moving head prop with up to 16 port's?  It would be nice to see the beam move in the sequencer.  I realize there are many different types and settings but I feel the key for sequencing would be the ability to see the movement.  We could set the remaining ports based on the DMX settings on the individual units.

1 hour ago, Traed128 said:

Would it be possible to put a moving head prop with up to 16 port's?  It would be nice to see the beam move in the sequencer.  I realize there are many different types and settings but I feel the key for sequencing would be the ability to see the movement.  We could set the remaining ports based on the DMX settings on the individual units.

I think the visualization would be difficult since different lights might respond differently. But some sort of moving head control would be awesome. Maybe allow you to pick various points in space and "bookmark" them. You'd be responsible for setting up the appropriate DMX values the first time, but after that you could just, in your sequencing, say "Go to point A <middle of the driveway>", or "Go to point B <straight out at the audience>", etc. 

• Like 1

I agree if I was able to set some DMX values for each port then be able to select the values instead of having to type them in each time it would definitely make programming them quicker and easier.

Edited by Traed128

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 10:15 PM, Tim Fischer said:

I don't think this is how it works? You have to select the correct monitor and position through the control panel settings, not just move it while it's playing back.

Just grabbed this screen shot off of my laptop. If you want full screen video, you first select the monitor using the window option, then go back and change it to "full screen".

Has worked for me all season across several reboots as I mentioned above.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 9.18.20 PM.png

Tim, that is how I set mine up, except I select the video window as being displayed using option 4 - "whenever the show player is playing a show with video media".

I do that to avoid me encountering a full screen video covering the LOR control panel on my main monitor should a power failure occur.

If a selection in the show has video and it does wind up covering the main screen after say a power failure, I wait until it ends, then select the first option in how it should be displayed - changing to "displaying videos in a window", and when the next selection in the show that has video is played, I move that window over to the correct monitor and select the second option to "display videos full screen and that holds for the rest of the show, until such time as either the computer loses power or I shut down the LOR control panel...

That should be fine. I used "whenever a show is playing" because I have a few short announcements and such that don't have video, so I don't want the projector to suddenly start projecting something random.

I use a black background on my desktop so it would probably be fine either way.