Light-O-Rama Forums

Few old cbt16pc v1 boards trying to repair

friskybri

1.  on one of my CBT16pc boards the Status LED is blinking really fast.   Looked everywhere but cant find info on what is causing that.   

2.  on another boad the 220ohm resister is blown.  the voltage will not go through that and I am guessing its a half watt resister will need to order that from amazon. 

3.  on one channel i replaced the triac but still not getting power to the spade.  not sure what next to try to repair.         

Update on number 1. Jumper was the issue on the status light flashing fast.   Reset controller and now it’s good. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 2:31 PM, friskybri said:

3.  on one channel i replaced the triac but still not getting power to the spade.  not sure what next to try to repair.         

If the problem is isolated to a single channel, and it's a known good triac, then it could be the optoisolator, but is more likely a bad solder joint. You can test it with an oscilloscope, but be careful because these components are close to line voltage, which could send high currents through the ground lead of the scope if it slips and hits the wrong lead.