Light-O-Rama Forums

Do Pixie 4/8 or 16 Controllers support Dimming Curves?

Orville

If these RGB Smart Controllers support Dimming Curves, how do you access them to change them?

I've been trying to access my 2 Pixie4D and 1 Pixie16D RGB Smart Controllers, but when I click on the Advanced tab in HU (Version 4.4.16 PRO), I get Advanced Configuration not supported, yet it shows me a lot of grayed out areas with LOR Standard in all boxes, and a Dimming Curve file in a box on the lower right side.  It shows me other options at the top of the screen on the right-hand side of the HU.

I was hoping to set all ports to 30% or 35% dimming, but I have found absolutely no way to access or change the dimming curve on the ports on any of my Pixie 4D or Pixie 16D controllers.

Is this not possible?  Or if it is, how and where do you gain access to change them?  Tried checking the manual for them, but maybe I'm missing something on how this is done, if it can be done?

Thanks for any advice or help on this in advance.

Edited by Orville

17 minutes ago, Orville said:

If these RGB Smart Controllers support Dimming Curves, how do you access them to change them?

I've been trying to access my 2 Pixie4D and 1 Pixie16D RGB Smart Controllers, but when I click on the Advanced tab in HU (Version 4.4.16 PRO), I get Advanced Configuration not supported, yet it shows me a lot of grayed out areas with LOR Standard in all boxes, and a Dimming Curve file in a box on the lower right side.  It shows me other options at the top of the screen on the right-hand side of the HU.

I was hoping to set all ports to 30% or 35% dimming, but I have found absolutely no way to access or change the dimming curve on the ports on any of my Pixie 4D or Pixie 16D controllers.

Is this not possible?  Or if it is, how and where do you gain access to change them?  Tried checking the manual for them, but maybe I'm missing something on how this is done, if it can be done?

Thanks for any advice or help on this in advance.

Pixies are configured from the Cosmic Color Config but that does not have dimming curves, only per port color order (and 4 Macro port options) .

6 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Pixies are configured from the Cosmic Color Config but that does not have dimming curves, only per port color order (and 4 Macro port options) .

Ugh!,  then that would mean I'd have to modify all my sequences, too much of a pain in that option.

Well, since I can't set dimming curves in the Pixies, I hope the F-Amps I have coming will resolve a couple issues I ran into this year.   Added a lot more RGB Lights this year, and same connections to each pixie, but there are some shimmering type effects going on with a few props in the display.  Hoping the F-Amps will help with it not being so noticeable.  1 prop that does it only uses 99 pixel nodes and is the only item on that port(pixie4), the other 3 ports have no problems. 

The other is 3 snowflakes on the pixie16, each snowflake is interconnected and uses 48 modes each, although the strand is 50 nodes each, 150 in total on port 11.

Didn't have this issue with them last year, just snowflake 2 and 3 are adversely affected, sometimes snowflake 1 does do it, just not as bad.

Figured if I could have set the pixies ports to 30-35%, that this would have helped resolve the issues going on.

I didn't want to mess with changing working sequences and the display, just not enough time to re-hash all those sequences this late.   Just got the display up and working on Monday 12/11.

Was hoping for a quick, easy way to fix the issues so late into the season.

I just added stakes to anchor everything down today (Fri. 12/15) due to the nasty storm we're about to have, rain from Saturday (very early morning)-Sunday afternoon with some very high tropical storm wind gusts that could reach 40-60mph.

So, no more work on my display until Monday (or Sunday evening) when everything clears up.

What a mess the weather has been here since early November, display is usually done a week before Thanksgiving, so I was extremely late getting what I have gotten up for Christmas 2023.  Sure hope 2024 turns out better!

Edited by Orville