Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB 16 CCR

trini101

I purchased a 16 CCR RGB ribbons to add some charisma to my neighborhood and I ended up frustrated and upset and can’t wait till this season is done. I have #16 ribbon broken.  Number # 1 ribbon was working and now just stopped. If I wiggle it it will come on for a short time and the colors just don’t go with the sequence. Number 5 ribbon (the middle one) does the same thing. I don’t mind 16 and 1 not working but # 5 in shows and nothing looks good. My 16CCR tree is straight up with PVC pipes so it’s impossible to change out the ribbons. I spend a lot of money for this tree upgrade and this shouldn’t have happened.

Not happy at all !!!!! 

Ribbons are FRAGILE. Mount them in something that will not change shape. Be very gentle while handling. Avoid sharp bends

• Like 1

I don't know what size pvc pipe you used but I am guessing 1/2 inch which is way to flexible, you would need to have several crossmembers to help control the flex. I would highly recommend a thicker pipe or even better is to use electrical emt conduit.

• Like 1

Much appreciated the feedback so much will definitely convert to that next season. This season is a disappointment to say the least. Thanks again 

yes it’s 1/2 inch pvc I used. 

Edited by trini101