Light-O-Rama Forums

Show director, SD card or ??? issue

Lights on Mandan

OK - I have run into an issue that I cannot resolve.

I am running a display with AC and pixel components using an N4G4MP# from Lightorama.  I am using Net 1 and 2; net 1 has both AC and Pixie controllers on it, and net 2 is only Pixie controllers.  To ensure that the director has stable power, I am using a 12v power supply from Lightorama.  I have created SD cards using Lightorama control panel v6.2.14 pro (and ELOR at 500K speed).  I only have about a half dozen sequences, so the show repeats about every 20 minutes.

The problem I have is that at random points during a sequence, the show just stops.  It takes a minute or so for the show to start again, but it usually just starts again on its own (had 2-3 incidents since November 26 where it did not start again on its own - just uplugged the SD card, plugged it back in and it started over again).  I initially thought maybe bad SD card, so loaded the sequences on a new SD card (Gigastone as suggested by Lightorama) and had the same problem.  Next I thought maybe a sequence go corrupted (the computer I use to download and burn SD card is 6+ years old), so I deleted and the re-downloaded what I thought was the sequence that was playing when the show stopped.  That did not solve the issue, and I later found the show would not stop on the same sequence each time it stopped.  Tried a 3rd SD card, with the same results.

This one has me stumped, but I suspect that it is probably some simple thing that I have missed (which is where my mistakes typically come from).

I would love any ideas that you (the community) may have.  The show does run, but not perfectly.

TIA - Steve

1. Use Kingston SD cards, only.
2. Check the firmware. One of the rare times I'll say update it in season. You want it on 6.1.3.

we have same issue.  been working with LOR to fix but still happens - absolutely no idea why it keeps happening.  Last time we got it to work was on Friday so it ran all Friday, Sat and Sunday but stopped today (Monday).  Just a quick pop out and back in and it's been ok.  But in the past we can't figure out any one thing to do consistently to make it work reliability.  The last "fix" was to write to a card and i accidently left one song off the play list so i had 6 instead of 7 and it has worked for three days.  So who knows...I thought power supply so we added that, we verified all network cables are working etc.  Just doesn't make sense that it works for several days then stops.  I read somewhere that fluctuations can sometimes throw a controller off so now we try to reset controllers by just unplugging network cables but not sure that really does anything...So frustrating.  We did have LOR tell us to update firmware on the G4 Show director.  I even tried to run the show directly from my computer but with multiple networks I couldn't figure it out - I have a session with LOR on Friday - hoping someone can help me identify the issue when they look at my system/setup.  

30 minutes ago, Mscannic said:

we have same issue.

Which version of software are you using? Did you update the firmware on the director?

Would you let me know if you come up with a solution.  I will be checking the firmware tomorrow (the show is running, and stopping, right now)

Don - I took the risk and updated the firmware to 6.13.  It ran through the show without any stops.  We will see if that totally resolves the problem.  Thanks

On 12/11/2023 at 9:49 PM, Lights on Mandan said:

Don - I took the risk and updated the firmware to 6.13.  It ran through the show without any stops.  We will see if that totally resolves the problem.  Thanks

Any updates?