Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Model - Merge Command Issue

gsmith37064

I have an arch with 41 sub-models. I copied this arch model 3 times for a total of 4 arches.

When I sequence it and decide to add a new motion row, I go into preview and edit the prop. I add the motion rows to all 4 arches. Save the preview.

Then I go into the sequence editor and expand my prop, right click and select manage motion rows. I click edit and select merge defaults.

Prop 1 will say 32 motion rows updated and 9 new rows imported. This is how I would expect it to work.

On props 2-4 it will add the rows on top of what you already have. Which in turn doubles the motion rows to 82. It will not just add the 9 new motion rows.

And if you delete the excess motion rows, it will remove your sequence work and you have to redo it.

Is there a way to get props 2-4 to act the same way as prop 1 does during the merge command?

Because when you copied Arch 1 three times, it created three New Props.... The Merge is bringing over the 32 New Motion Effect Rows and merging them with the (Same Name or Channel) Existing Motion Effect Rows...

This will not happen when creating a New Sequence, but will happen when updating Existing ones....

If you had copied just the New Motion Effect Rows into the Existing Arches - this would not be happening..

Edited by Jimehc
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info @Jimehc.

This is the first sequence I have done with the new arch props. Hopefully I will have all the motion rows built for the next sequence and will not have to worry about this moving forward.