Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D not recognized by HU

bbig

I've got a CMB24D that I've been using for r or t years without issue.  This year, I'm having issues getting the HU to recognize it.  The indicator light is on an steady and I've tried several different networks and nothing seems to help.  Anyone run into this issue?  

Are you using DIP switches to set the Address? If so, what is it set to?

How high to you go for "max unit ID" in the top/right of the HWU?

There could always be a *slim* chance that you have the ID higher than you thought. Just for giggles, I'd set the search ID to max, and try one more time.

Are you trying it with other devices on the network? If so, what else is on the network with the CMB?

If you haven't already, make sure the cable you are testing with is good. If it will find other controllers then the cable is probably good.

35 minutes ago, Don said:

There could always be a *slim* chance that you have the ID higher than you thought. Just for giggles, I'd set the search ID to max, and try one more time.

Are you trying it with other devices on the network? If so, what else is on the network with the CMB?

If you haven't already, make sure the cable you are testing with is good. If it will find other controllers then the cable is probably good.

The unit ID was set to 10 and I've tried to identify it on several of the networks and by itself with nothing else attached to the computer.  The network attaches because the indicator light is on solid but for some reason, the HU won't recognize it.  I did max out the max ID, just in case, but got the same result. 

11 hours ago, bbig said:

Dip switches all set to 0 and max id is B3 so I'm good there.

The CMB24D requires you to use the dip switches to set the unit ID, if you have them all set to 0 then there is no ID set. For an ID of 10 then dip switch 5 must be on.

Edited by Mr. P

8 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The CMB24D requires you to use the dip switches to set the unit ID, if you have them all set to 0 then there is no ID set. For an ID of 10 then dip switch 5 must be on.

That's odd because I've never used the dip switches for the past 4 years but maybe the updated software now requires it?  I will give it a try.  Thanks

35 minutes ago, bbig said:

That's odd because I've never used the dip switches for the past 4 years but maybe the updated software now requires it?  I will give it a try.  Thanks

Don't feel bad. I thought it could be either/or. *shrug*

11 hours ago, Mr. P said:

That was it!!  Thanks!!