Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixies found on Control panel but only blinking red LED inside

Donl1150

I just finally got my 4 pixies up (3 - pixie8 and 1 pixie16) and they worked fine the first attempt, on the first night.  Next night, they would not run.  The Regular channel with incan units continues to run fine.  When I do Refresh in HU for the Aux channel, it comes up with 0 units.  How do I rectify?

The Switches on the Pixies must be OFF if you set using HU or they revert next power cycle.  But that does not answer why 0 found.

Did you power cycle the pixies?  Triple check the CAT5 (snapped in solid at both ends  between  the USB adapter and the first pixie )Inspect the jacks (switch the feed cable to the other jack, if the LED goes solid, the first jack is bad)

3 @8 and a 16 is a very heavy loaded network, even if ELOR

power cycled them.  no change.  tested all the cat5 cables connecting each of them with a tester.  all are ok.  raised the max id count on the HU well beyond the ID count to make sure I was covering the whole network.  No change.  other ideas?

OOOooops.   After I tested all the cables, I forgot to re-attach to the adapter cable!  when I did, HU found them all and we are back up and running.   so either power cycling did it or raising max id in HU.

thx!

• Like 1

back again......and comm 4 port with pixels has dropped off.  cables are attached (haha), cycled and have the max id high enough.  HU can't find them.  ideas again?