Light-O-Rama Forums

must i upgrade to advanced or pro in order to use pixcon 16?

Commodore

ive recently began the switch from holiday coro, and purchased a pixcon16, however i cannot get it to connect to my computer, does the system require an upgraded license to even config it and connect? all i get when entering the setup is "your computer has invalid ip settings, would you like to automaticaly change it?"

No, you should be able to configure it.  However you will need to upgrade your LOR license to use it.  You pretty much need at least an Advanced level license to use it, and if you want to make use of Motion Effects, you need a Pro level license.

And I've never configured a Pixcon16, so not much help on your setup issue.

55 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Basic License Supports 2 Unit ID's - the Pixcon itself uses 16 Unit ID's...

AFAIK you do not need a license to CONFIGURE

Pixcon16 must be configured on your ethernet port of your computer, E1.31 mode, and not the LOR network. If you are going to use it as a E1.31 controller then you need an Advanced or Pro license, if using as a LOR controller then it requires an enhanced network(ELOR) and that is only available with a Pro license.

yup, i made sure of that.

Just now, Mr. P said:

You also need to make sure the jumpers are set for whatever mode you are using it in.

Make sure your ethernet port and Pixcon are on the same IP sets. Open the LOR Network Configuration and press the Find/Configure Pixcon16 button on the right column. Another box opens and should list the attached Pixcon16.

The Pixcon16 IP is set to DHCP by default, if you want to force an IP then hold down the "Factory IP" button and power up the board. Once the board is powered up release the button and the Pixcon16 IP address will be set at 192.168.0.50. Make sure you ethernet port is set at 192.168.0.??? and then go into the Network Configuration and you should be able to see it.

19 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The Pixcon16 IP is set to DHCP by default, if you want to force an IP then hold down the "Factory IP" button and power up the board. Once the board is powered up release the button and the Pixcon16 IP address will be set at 192.168.0.50. Make sure you ethernet port is set at 192.168.0.??? and then go into the Network Configuration and you should be able to see it.

i tryed this, and still same issue, ive opened a help desk ticket, and they are saying they havent seen this issue before, however they said its not the controlers end, but my computer, they belive it to be my bios utility, as the laptop i use for christmas light shows is an rog stix gaming laptop. they belive that the armory crate bios application could be the cause.

20 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Make sure your ethernet port and Pixcon are on the same IP sets. Open the LOR Network Configuration and press the Find/Configure Pixcon16 button on the right column. Another box opens and should list the attached Pixcon16.

it shows this part fine, but when clicking on the controller is when my issues come