Light-O-Rama Forums

New 32x50 Mega Tree

LostnSC

Just built a new Mega tree. When I plugged in the cat5 to net4 only lights 1-50 on every strand were working. Unplugged tree trying to reset tree never came back on.

Help needed. 

Check if you popped the GFI Outlet or breaker. Check the power strip that the tree controller is plugged into, Check power to the controller itself. Can you ping the controller via it's IP address? Can you access the web interface of the controller?

These are the basics to check first and are in no certain order.

3 hours ago, LostnSC said:

Just built a new Mega tree. When I plugged in the cat5 to net4 only lights 1-50 on every strand were working. Unplugged tree trying to reset tree never came back on.

Help needed. 

1-50 makes me thing the controller was not configured for longer strings (32x50 might imply the strings are 16x100 with a fold)

They are 16x100 and 51-100 were not working. Thing is now the entire tree is not working. Is there a way to reset and start over?

Tiny steps. Is the LED on the controller (assume it is a Pixie16) ON (or flashing)?

If On: Can HU find it?

Not on, or flashing. Have pwr fan is running. Tried to pull up on HU not locating tree or star uint 70 on tree and 80 on star.

1 hour ago, LostnSC said:

Not on, or flashing. Have pwr fan is running. Tried to pull up on HU not locating tree or star uint 70 on tree and 80 on star.

A PSU fan should not usually be running if the board is idle. (it might for some brands). No LED sas the PSU for LOGIC POWER side is not working correctly (low number ports).

Unplug the Green plugs on that side LABEL # AS YOU DO  (I would have expected the port fuse to go, but the PSU may not just be able to power the load and gave up