Light-O-Rama Forums

Ribbon tree

Twiggy

Hello everyone, 

I recently purchased and setup a wow lights ribbon tree that can project images on songs that I purchased. I was told that my colors we not set correctly and that was why I wasn’t able to see the images properly. Of course, after spending a ton of money they are not helpful and no directions were given so setting up was a huge learning curve. Can someone on this forum possibly help with how to make sure the light strips are properly aligned? Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide me so I can enjoy this tree. 

Edited by Twiggy

Welcome to the forums!!!!!

I just went through this with my own WL ribbon kit, (agreed, huge learning curve) but your question is really about setting the ribbons to work on your controller.

There is a post on the forums here (stickied I think) that I now can't find in a quick search. It has the soup to nuts on setting up a Pixie. Has all the answers. You need to follow that step by step. (I am assuming you have the WL Pixie Ribbon kit).

The part you are looking for is where you plug one of your ribbons into the Pixie, go into Hardware Utility, locate and select the controller, then hit Config. You then try a color pattern from the options, change the pattern, try again, etc. until you get it right. I think it was the 3rd option.  

Edited by LaughsBrightly

I found the post from JR on setting up the Pixie16 that comes with the WL ribbon kit. A Must read.

Edited by LaughsBrightly

2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

@LaughsBrightly It is approximately 15 feet. The tree itself is 17 feet high and the 16 light strips are approximately 4 inches apart. Thank you for your help it is super nice of you.

15 feet from the cars? How does it look? (asking because I put the pause on mine as I thought 17' would be too close).

14 hours ago, LaughsBrightly said:

15 feet from the cars? How does it look? (asking because I put the pause on mine as I thought 17' would be too close).

@LaughsBrightly We have everything on and as soon as we get the colors fixed I will send you a video so you can see. The lights are not set to the correct color pattern. WL said it was the rgb that is the problem so we are going to try to figure that out this weekend. 

Edited by Twiggy