Light-O-Rama Forums

New Props

shimbe22

Hey everybody!

I had setup my display last year and everything works great.  This year, I added some new LOR props (Snowflakes & spinners).  I am using a pixie 16, but only using half of the pixie 16 for these spinners and snowflakes.  I have made sure they are on the proper channel and the pixie 16 switches are setup correctly.  I have the pixie 16 on channel 19 to begin with.  I cannot seem to get the new props to work.  Last night, I was able to get it to work on the Lindsey Stirling song but nothing else.  It feels very much like a software issue.  I added the props in my preview and ensured the lights are on the proper channel, but still nothing.  I'm confused as to what in the world is going on?  Any ideas I might be missing?

First of all, some terminology that will help avoid confusion (mostly by you).  You have used the term "channel" in several places where that is not really correct.  An output port of a pixel controller is NOT a "channel".  There are many channels per output.  Better to refer to that as an "output" or "port", or "output port".  The second time, I think you were referring to the Unit ID as "channel 19".  That is also not a "channel".

Now for your problem, almost every time problems like this show up it is because the actual hardware configuration does not match the Preview.  The first one that jumps out at me is assuming that you really meant that your Pixie 16 has a starting Unit ID of 19, you may well have miss-counted.  Each output of a Pixie controller uses a different Unit ID.  You assign the first output, and the rest are automagically assigned.  Remember that LOR Unit IDs count in hex, so if you started at at Unit ID 19 (output port 1), the remaining output ports would be Unit IDs 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28 for output ports 2 - 16 respectively.  Make sure that matches your Preview.

• Like 1

Remember that if you are using the RGBPlus sequences from LOR and you do not modify the sequences to fit your display; the spinners and snowflakes are designed to be on network "Aux A" using a second USB-RS485 HD adapter.