Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with OpenGL Video Driver on VM

Combatchuck

Stood up a Win 11 23H2 VM on my server and am able to see my panels, but getting the error about OpenGL Driver needing to be 1.5 or higher.

I do this every year, and can't for the life of me remember the fix this time. Was it something stupid like it needs to be on Windows 10? Anyone else running a similar set-up?

I see the same forum posts every year where people say it doesn't work on a VM, but I know it does because I'm an idiot and rebuild this vm every year.

Edited by Combatchuck

If you are trying to do this on the computer that will ONLY be used as a show player, you can ignore it.  The OpenGL issue only applies to Sequencer.  Although I have a dedicated show computer for Halloween and Christmas, for the rest of the year, my landscaping show runs on my file server.  It is not capable of being updated to a new enough OpenGL unless I add a dedicated video card (not worth any effort.  I never sequence on that computer anyway so it's not a problem - but it always give me the warning message.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

If you are trying to do this on the computer that will ONLY be used as a show player, you can ignore it.  The OpenGL issue only applies to Sequencer.  Although I have a dedicated show computer for Halloween and Christmas, for the rest of the year, my landscaping show runs on my file server.  It is not capable of being updated to a new enough OpenGL unless I add a dedicated video card (not worth any effort.  I never sequence on that computer anyway so it's not a problem - but it always give me the warning message.

Thank you, that was it.  
Last year was just an old R710 with just an onboard video card so I knew I didn't update the drivers. I moved to a newer server and was going to present a video card to it if I couldn't figure it out.

Edited by Combatchuck

That's exactly what my server is - an R710.  Chugging along really well.  Replaced some SSDs in it in 2021, but just keeps going.